iveco eurostar

[attachment=0]img00
1.jpg[/attachment
thanks for the welcome 3300john,when i drove N740KOU it seemed to be a work in progress always something to put right,from the accelorator pedal sticking, due to the cable running across the front of the chassis (sorted by rerouting the wiring loom and cable also one of the solenoids) then not being able to change gear,with the letter E showing on the dash (i think) the hand book said to pull to the side switch off then re start (not very good when your in the middle lane on the motorway) my solution was foot on the clutch switch off restart drop 2 gears job done,this problem was due to the solenoids playing up and at the cost of £800-850 each led to the manual gear change mod,i remember my boss speaking to iveco about a manual change but they said it could not be done because it was a V8 (strange because the left hand drives and australian trucks were manual change,he spoke to a dealer in australia and it was going to cost about £1500 for the bits,hence the £250 job) after our convertion the local sales rep came round and had a drive and it seemed to like the idea because after we sold her i was parked in calais next to a irish 520 with a new manual linkage when i asked him about it he said you could get the parts from iveco STRANGE!!.I do have some happy memories of the truck,being woken up with cracking noise of the plastic/fiberglass cooling down at night,getting a £600 fine in france after overtaking a slower truck(if i had stayed behind him he would have got the pull POWER can get you into trouble) it was a sad day we she went and i got relegated to a volvo xl70 420bhp and the other 520 went back to compound in cheshire with all the other trucks that nobody wanted
3300john would i be right in thinking that you might have had something to do with a DAF 3300 if so there could be more tales to unfold regards john

after re reading my post and thinking back i remember what FIAT stands for
FIX IT AGAIN TONY
happy days