What was your favourite Breakfast and where!

Full breakfast :BOBS CAFE:A45 stretton-on-dunsmore

is the hogs back cafe still there used to be a cracking breakfast does anyone now if its still there regards rowly

rward:
is the hogs back cafe still there used to be a cracking breakfast does anyone now if its still there regards rowly

Hi Rowly.No mate.The Hogs Back Cafe has long gone.Only the filling station is still there.
As you say a cracking breakfast.Regards Charlie. :laughing: :laughing:

rward:

Hi Rowly.No mate.The Hogs Back Cafe has long gone.Only the filling station is still there.
As you say a cracking breakfast.Regards Charlie. :laughing: :laughing:

hiya,
Our kitchen with my good lady at the helm, at least I know what I’m eating and as much or as little as I can manage and I don’t even need to put my hand in my pocket, come to think of it her that cooks it makes sure I never get owt to put in my pocket, great this retirement skint but great.
thanks harry long retired.

Well one of the best cafe,s I remember was The Anvil Cafe at Broxburn on the Dunbar By Pass, not far from the cement works, spotless clean, & your breakfast was cooked to order, 50/60s, Long gone now though, Regards Larry

Full English at Deputy Dogs :smiley:

Toss up between Sat morning P+O Ferries OUT of Calais, or the Oakdene . . . bubble and squeak in the Oakdene . . .mmmmm

Another cafe I allways got a good breakfast Bull Hill at Darwin oppisite side to Josh Walsh,s depot, I t was ownd by the Westermans family, who also ran a few wagons, It was taken over by the L/Chef lot, I think its a curry house now., The Westermans moved to Mellor Brooke, Regards Larry

Has to be the Woodside just outside Goole. This was the first place I ever had chips on a breakfast. Get one of their breakfasts under your belt and you could last all day (well nearly). The Gate just outside Dover was another great cafe and their breakfast was a life saver after living out of a tin for 5 days.

Carlc:
Has to be the Woodside just outside Goole. This was the first place I ever had chips on a breakfast. Get one of their breakfasts under your belt and you could last all day (well nearly). The Gate just outside Dover was another great cafe and their breakfast was a life saver after living out of a tin for 5 days.

Spot on there Carl,the Woodside,John Foremans other depot. :laughing: Great breakfast,good staff,couldn’t fault it.The other that springs to mind is the Wychbold off the M5 near Droitwich,opened at 0700,my first port of call after leaving Sheffield for South Wales.
Hungry now,off to put t’frying pan on. :grimacing:

CHIPS for breakfast !!! Now I’ve heard it all,no wonder some of you will have “bad guts”,and probably a "square arse hole "as well,dear oh! dear!! Cheers Dennis.

mine has to be the “Cedars” on the old Coventry by pass A45,everything you wanted and spotlessly clean, does anyone know where or what paul the owner is doing now?

Bewick:
CHIPS for breakfast !!! Now I’ve heard it all,no wonder some of you will have “bad guts”,and probably a "square arse hole "as well,dear oh! dear!! Cheers Dennis.

hiya,
Did like the full English thingy Dennis but not too early and certainly no “jockey’s whips” at that unearthly time of day, my first hour minimum was taken up with a bottle of Lucuzade and a handful of Woodbines something in each hand, now that’s what I call a proper drivers breakfast and a balanced diet to boot, you just can’t get the staff these days.
thanks harry long retired.

Chris Webb:

Carlc:

Spot on there Carl,the Woodside,John Foremans other depot. :laughing: Great breakfast,good staff,couldn’t fault it.The other that springs to mind is the Wychbold off the M5 near Droitwich,opened at 0700,my first port of call after leaving Sheffield for South Wales.

The woodside good memorys my favorite brekky was the brekky sausage extra,great and i knew that if i got on and off the park without the load moving it would never move :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:
regards dave.
P.S. By the way,is it still going?

dafdave:

Chris Webb:

Carlc:

The woodside good memorys my favorite brekky was the brekky sausage extra,great and i knew that if i got on and off the park without the load moving it would never move :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:
regards dave.

Hi Dave
Yes Woodside is still going but it has changed hands a couple of times. The most popular ara was when Harry Dickenson owned it and he had a waitress called Cath Cooper who used to bellow out the orders to the cooks. Great cafe and you could always guarentee there would be someone in there you knew. There use to be a great breakfast served at the Chesterfield truck stop but not sure nowadays.
Cliff

Chris Webb:
The Robin Hood just below the Dog and Partridge on Woodhead was good and the one at the bottom of Langsett hill on the A616 before Stocksbridge was great,can’t recall the name,run by two women,real home from home snap. :sunglasses:

Yes Chris Robin Hood very good old time transport cafe, even had a dodgy pot holed car park. What was the name of the one in Sheffield just off the roundabout under the Tinsley viaduct ?
Also do you remember the two on the old A18 just through Hatfield in the village of Dunsville, one on the left and one on the right. I think the one on the left heading towards Doncaster was
The Lindholme ? (much used by North Lincs Haulage) the one on the right about a hundred yards further on is now replaced by two Bungalows. I cannot remember the name but think it might
have been the Copper Kettle ■■? Talking of good breakfasts about 50 years ago I carted coal out of Hatfield Colliery which was at Stainforth as you came into Thorne by the canal there was a
little cafe on the corner, we used to park in the Rising Sun car park.In those days there were hundreds of eight wheelers running coal to Keadby power station and many drivers used the cafe.

regards Big Al

Carlc:

dafdave:

Chris Webb:

Carlc:

regards dave.

Hi Dave
Yes Woodside is still going but it has changed hands a couple of times. The most popular ara was when Harry Dickenson owned it and he had a waitress called Cath Cooper who used to bellow out the orders to the cooks. Great cafe and you could always guarentee there would be someone in there you knew. There use to be a great breakfast served at the Chesterfield truck stop but not sure nowadays.
Cliff

Thanks for the info cliff i used it in the 70s thro the 90s always good.
Thanks for the info cliff i used it a fair bit in thne 70s,800,and 90s either going to and from the hull docks or catching ferrys,deff one of the good owd uns.

regards dave.

I have had a rethink and apart from the many factory canteens where drivers got a subsidised breakfast. The Pops was a favourite when over that way!

Wheel Nut:
I have had a rethink and apart from the many factory canteens where drivers got a subsidised breakfast. The Pops was a favourite when over that way!

Second that till it deteriorated into that hole called lymm truckstop.
regards dave.