Classic Trucks of India

Living in India for 5 months of the Year for the last 8 years,have done lots of traveling, and being an ex International trucker
have always taken pics of the trucks iv seen,and after seeing what they drive out there would never complain again about
the trucks in the UK :smiley: will put some pics on this thread regularly,hope you find them interesting :wink:

Hope you like these,i have lots more :laughing:

Look at the old parrot nosed (King of the Road ) that was a load of junk when it was new!!! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Great pics MOC,a totally different scene to the trucking scene in the UK,couldn’t see many of our younger drivers wanting to get behind the wheel of any of those.
Cheers Dave.

altitude:
Look at the old parrot nosed (King of the Road ) that was a load of junk when it was new!!! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
Talk about seen better days.That Ashok Leyland doesn’t look too bad though.

Dave the Renegade:
Great pics MOC,a totally different scene to the trucking scene in the UK,couldn’t see many of our younger drivers wanting to get behind the wheel of any of those.
Cheers Dave.

Hi Dave,its just so different you wouldnt belive it,iv got some cracking pics to put up. I dont think many of them live to long anyway, Theres nearly always 3 in the cab,1 driver and 2 unloaders,its nearly all hand ball off,iv only ever seen one forklift ever :laughing:

Chris Webb:

altitude:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
Talk about seen better days.That Ashok Leyland doesn’t look too bad though.

You havnt seen nothing yet Chris, its early days in this thread. :laughing:

Here some more :wink:

Great pics MOC, keep 'em coming! :smiley:

Regards,

Mark.

Great pics - more please :smiley: :smiley:

Steve

Great pic’s Dave keep banging um on. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Thanks Guys for your comments,glad you find them interesting,here are some more unusual loads and forms of transport , :laughing: :laughing: As you can see,there very strict on health and Safety. :laughing:

It’s the cab’s on most of them that get me, talk about plenty of room, you could hold a dance in most of them. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

wow wow wow that dose it for me MOC. i was India for three weeks in 1990 and again in 1999 i’ve seen all that but only took a few piccies.
One time i saw a 26 ft truck carring 40ft girders and the load had over balanced so the front wheels was 6ft in the air. the driver rounded up about 30 people to overbalance the wheeles back to the ground and off he drove…great stuff keep them coming…have a peratta at the next shack by the roadside for me will you…

John

3300John:
wow wow wow that dose it for me MOC. i was India for three weeks in 1990 and again in 1999 i’ve seen all that but only took a few piccies.
One time i saw a 26 ft truck carring 40ft girders and the load had over balanced so the front wheels was 6ft in the air. the driver rounded up about 30 people to overbalance the wheeles back to the ground and off he drove…great stuff keep them coming…have a peratta at the next shack by the roadside for me will you…

John

Yea will do John,It was 90 the first time i went there too,Do you want anything with that :laughing: :laughing:

Post by altitude
It’s the cab’s on most of them that get me, talk about plenty of room, you could hold a dance in most of them. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Most of the time theres six or seven in the cab but there nearly all thin,so still room :laughing: :laughing:

Amazing pics MOC,seen a lot of stuff about lorries in India in truck mags,but yours top those.
Cheers Dave.

Hiya MOC…the big bags of hops on the camels,i saw a truck with some on and it had about four bags in the truck and four
hanging over each side like saddle bags this made the truck 24 ft wide and 32 ft long…anything coming the other way was
forced onto the grass to get passed.thats the Indian way.
John

Hiya MOC, you’ve caught some eye opening stuff there … certainly got me addicted now … are there no regulations at all over there ?

Paul.

Dave the Renegade:
Amazing pics MOC,seen a lot of stuff about lorries in India in truck mags,but yours top those.
Cheers Dave.

Thanks Dave,most of these pics either my friend or i took,over a few years of driving around India,never had originally
thought about posting them up… Many of them you can see his car in the back ground. :laughing:

TIPIT:
Hiya MOC, you’ve caught some eye opening stuff there … certainly got me addicted now … are there no regulations at all over there ?

Paul.

Hi Paul,yes there are some regulations,but a back hander normaly sorts that out.The whole country lives like that,not just
the truckers.although they are i think the worst,you would not belive the amount of people that die on the roads every day in India…

3300John:
Hiya MOC…the big bags of hops on the camels,i saw a truck with some on and it had about four bags in the truck and four
hanging over each side like saddle bags this made the truck 24 ft wide and 32 ft long…anything coming the other way was
forced onto the grass to get passed.thats the Indian way.
John

John,im glad you have seen it,and verify that its like that there :laughing: :laughing:

Thats all for tonight :laughing: