Edwin Shirley Trucking

one of there old f88 now owned by arthur spriggs

Willie Roadstar:
Hi All,

Don’t know whether EST are still going, not seen them about for a while, but as one of the most striking and flamboyant fleets on the road for a number of years, wondered if anybody had any photos they could share, especially the early fleet F88s - came across this in one of my Truck books, says it was from one of there calenders in the 70’s
Photobucket

Also found some old photos of mine and a photo of a drawing I did a few years ago of there DAF spacecab.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Regards
Ant

TN038A.jpg

edwin shirly trucking wat a fab name for a trucking company and their coulers awsome

and now she looks like this

volvo runner:
one of there old f88 now owned by arthur spriggs

Willie Roadstar:
Hi All,

Don’t know whether EST are still going, not seen them about for a while, but as one of the most striking and flamboyant fleets on the road for a number of years, wondered if anybody had any photos they could share, especially the early fleet F88s - came across this in one of my Truck books, says it was from one of there calenders in the 70’s
Photobucket

Also found some old photos of mine and a photo of a drawing I did a few years ago of there DAF spacecab.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Regards
Ant

6605427351_aca2c750b5.jpg

Spotted this a couple of months ago, still flying the flag, just waiting for a retro shirley unit.

Never new they ran a Renault artic, rigid 4 wheelers yes!

gazzer:
The stage for the 1980 Munich 3 day festival being erected. Little Feat, Bob Marley and Fleetwood Mac.

Gazzer… I’m sure I will know you, re other threads…Davies etc. I was on for Edwin and Dell in 84 /5…

adr:
Never new they ran a Renault artic, rigid 4 wheelers yes!

Afternoon all, Roy Lamb in the driving seat if Im not mistaken. Did not Roy leave Edwin, and Dell, to set up a stage company, around 81ish? Ive some lovely shots of that TR305 that we put into “Il Bisonti del la Strada”, with a young lady in a rather tight silver dress on the cab roof!!

Next thing we know, several big V8 Berliets had to be painted in similar colours to ESTs, for an operator in Milan! Never told Dell,in case he demanded royalties!!! Cheerio for now.

Yep, sure looks like Roy in there, trademark leather bomber and the spec’s.

Done and dusted Baldrick by then '79/80/81.

gazzer:

Was " Electric Lips" on there then…John Sadden, Ex Partricks… most of the tours I did the lead driver was a wee scots lad…Alan something or other?? The memory isnt getting any better Gaz!

I remembered… Alan Kiersley

Christ knows Baldrick, I was only a “boy” then…Dave Collins I remember well, the two lads who ran the “chuck” wagon to the gigs…good lads them!

Ha, I guess you were! The two Daves were still there plus another guy helping. Known as Dave, Dave and not Dave…
Good lads all…

gazzer:
Dave “Colly” Collins? 1980 Fleetwood Mac European “Tusk” Tour.

Trailer EST 9, thats the one that’s still in saveable condition. I last saw it in the summer… Pictured in an earlier post !

edwin shirly brilliant coulers and a lovely looking fleet regards rowly

rward:
edwin shirly brilliant coulers and a lovely looking fleet regards rowly

Evening all, rowly, hope you are recovering well!

Those colours, I`ve still the EST purple silk “tour coat”, that Edwin, Dell, and Roy, gave me “way back when”!!! No wear at all, (the threats from my good lady if I wore it in her company…well they were enough)!!!

Now of course, Im just too old…but I wo`nt part with it!!

Was not that bridge going into their yard a b…r, particularly with a lwb tractor, and long pin. I remember being there one day, and a unholy racket coming from the Nissan hut…totally without any musical merit,…Dell said , “they will be big”, my reply…never…Apparantly it was something called , “Boom Town Rats”!..Good job I stuck to lorries as a career.

Good luck health and happiness to everyone for 2013, Cheerio for now.

wheres that edwin shirly trailor please and do you know how much i just got a thought regards rowland

that shirley trailor is also on the graveyard viewtopic.php?f=35&t=62183&start=390

rward:
wheres that edwin shirly trailor please and do you know how much i just got a thought regards rowland

rward:

Rowly it’s on an airfield where I work in Leicestershire currently. I think I know that it’s one of two possible people that own it so I’ll try and find out if it’s for sale for you. Not back into work for a few more days but will advise if I can find the answers. Ade

Roy Lamb persuaded me to use B&W film for effects, I never did like it.

Baldrick1953:

gazzer:

Was " Electric Lips" on there then…John Sadden, Ex Partricks… most of the tours I did the lead driver was a wee scots lad…Alan something or other?? The memory isnt getting any better Gaz!

I have no idea who was John Sadden from Partricks, but my name was Electric Lips and that was given to me by Pete Smith.