Edwin Shirley Trucking

I think this is an ex EST Renault.

edwin.JPG

nilocekyd:
I think this is an ex EST Renault.

Evening all, sorry, do not think so. Why… cab cap, air horns in wrong place, wrong reg, and it looks like a TR280, not the EST TR305.

Copycat livery, or owner driver■■? Anyone know more??

Does anyone know what happened to that TR305, (did Edwin, Dell, et cie, ever pay for her)■■? Do not think that it was the best example…but it did sell some lorries for me in Italy!!!

Cheerio for now.

Hi All,

Don’t know whether EST are still going, not seen them about for a while, but as one of the most striking and flamboyant fleets on the road for a number of years, wondered if anybody had any photos they could share, especially the early fleet F88s - came across this in one of my Truck books, says it was from one of there calenders in the 70’s
Photobucket

Also found some old photos of mine and a photo of a drawing I did a few years ago of there DAF spacecab.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Regards
Ant

Have a look Here

Theyre still going mate, i did a festival in Nijmegen Holland on Sunday and was parked next to one of their XF Space Cabs.

Here are some for you ant. The 1st photo of the spacecab was taken 20 or so years ago at truckfest and the rest all taken recently at local daf garage.

saw one of EST M1 south friday 20th

Saw 4 of them friday nite coming out of Immingham with load of others box vans and buses. Think they just came off the danish boat, any info were they was going?

Back in the late 70’s early 80’s there was a driver called Dave Bicknell who used to hire an EST Volvo F88 and worked pulling Sea Route Ferry trailers out of Southampton

Anyone know if he is he still about?

Regards Pat

The 4 you see were heading for Glasgow i think on Bon Jovi from Arhus!

Thanks jacko
Also saw 2 of Mikael Bollhem of sweden with them. They always look good!

I do know one of the drivers on there, he worked on Bretts mixers for a short while in Croydon.

Guys name is Tony Curtin. Decent bloke, came off EST to join Brett, think he missed the gigs and went back.

Always had a different T shirt/fleece, from Cliff Richard to Meatloaf…

they seem to do more conference work nowadays, but they are sdtill out there, bon jovis used to be transam years ago

They have got an awfull lot on at the mo Euromat! (as has everyone)
Bon Jovi, Neil Diamond,Bruce Springsteen to name a few! and Madonna on the way!

Lee,

Thanks for the photos, espeicially the Origanal Space Cab, still searching for early pics of Volvo’s etc , if anybody as any.

Regards
Ant

i remember seeing a silver/grey white road commander pulling an est trailer parked in poole years ago…must’ve been a subbie i guess

You might find this post interesting:

http://www.trucknetuk.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=17731

It even contains a premonition of Kindle 530’s unbridled ambition to join the world of rock n roll trucking he now inhabits!!

also this:

http://www.trucknetuk.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=27652

Regards.

Pat, Dave became a good mate of mine back then, keeping his F89 on the road for EST.

He went fuel tanker driving and now “runs” Lintons Fuel Oils at Thurrock. Lived not far from Battersea EST yard but now lives in S.E. London.

I have some fotos of EST when I subbied on some tours, more fotos for when i get home to search for.

Thanks Gary what is he up to now do you know?

Regards Pat

I would say the title is “Operations Manager” at Lintons Fuel Oils.