Edwin Shirley Trucking

I guess at the age of 58, I can class myself as an ‘old timer’ :wink:

One of the best times I had as a driver, was working for the now defunct Edwin Shirley Trucking (EST) on pop music tours and theatrical touring.

Amongst my favourite memories from my Euro driving days with EST, was a fabulous Joe Cocker concert performed on a lake stage in Germany, and the Riverdance tour, which had week-long breaks at the destinations where the drivers would regularly congregate at the local Irish bar (there was always one of those lol) The money was good (plus per diems!) and the teams of drivers always seemed to have a lot in common.

As part of the EST contract, I spent a period with SCREENCO which involved taking large television stage screens out to Europe and helping set them up etc, that was a great firm to work for.

Who knows, if the right opportunity reared its head, I may be enticed back! There’s some life in this old boy yet!

The Ghost

Welcome to the forums. There are quite a few of the R&R chaps on here. Try this link if you haven’t seen it already…

viewtopic.php?f=28&t=41081

Its in the photo forum, maybe some of your old mates are hanging out there! :smiley: :wink:

This should bring back some memories Ghost !!

volvo21.jpg

Bloody hell, those pictures go back a few years! i think it was probably the early 90’s when I was there :slight_smile: Seems longer though.

Ghost