Hungarocamion ?

Whatever happened to Hungarcamion ? I remember these as on of the more regular visitors from the East when it was still Communist. They even managed to get a large feature in Truck magazine. Do I take it that the opening up to competition when the Wall came down got rid of them ?

Possibly one for you Truckerash :wink:

hungarocamion still excists today , mainly the trucks are white now , with hungarocamion stickers on the cab

are they now called waberererererererererererers??

them ones with the optimum solution on their trailers with the picture of a sun?

they are doing a lot of gefco work?

Waberers (as posted above) are Hungrocamion, apparently it got bought off the government by some mush who is responsible ofr its changes in fortunes.

Mostly the units are yellow, with blue trailers and the sun logo.

T Mobile seem to have some kind of sponsorship deal with as the logos are on both units and trailers.

i have that mag somewhere will find it and post it up :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

june 2001 the mags dated

There was an LDD in TRUCK sometime during the 80’s featuring a Hungarocamion Turbo Star.

not got that one got the one with gerhard bergers firm europatrans i think thats how you spell his name :blush: :blush: :blush:

Mackem:
Whatever happened to Hungarcamion ? I remember these as on of the more regular visitors from the East when it was still Communist.
Possibly one for you Truckerash :wink:

Yep. I remember them well. I always used to think they were “just boring bland unimaginative colour schemes”. But now, when I look at the photos of the old and sometimes rare trucks, they look awesome! Maybe cause i’m getting old and appreciate the older trucks more… :wink:

Heres how I remember Hungarocamion:

the new company formally hungarcamion

Hello All,

Just some info for you,

Volan Tefu formed as state owned transport company in 1948, Hungarocamion formed 1966, privatised in 1998

Volan Tefu was privatised by György Wáberer and his associates in 1994, then followed various acquisitions and in 2002 they procured Hungarocamion, in 2003 the company assumes the name Waberers, in 2006 acquired Révész Eurotrans Ltd.

The waberers group has also grouped together 30 or so companies that run in the yellow livery, possibly similar to the Linq Alliance in the UK, but I might be wrong. it is hard to find a complete list of partner companies, Royalsped, Hidi sped to name two.

So Waberers are Hungarocamion is not quite correct, as Volan Tefu bought Hungaro then became the Waberer’s group.

They have over 2500 trucks and some 600 sub contracters.

Ash, to me these have allways been good looking trucks, my interest in them from when I unloaded a F88 or 89 all those years ago.

Those Raba’s have bags more character than a shiny new shopping trolley aka axor

Ron

What can I say apart from Result !!. :smiley: :smiley:

I knew I could rely on you all. Thanks.

I could well be spending more time on here than normal - off sick for 12 weeks now. :wink:

Axorman:
Volan Tefu formed as state owned transport company in 1948

i seem to remember volan tefu were the ones who ran IFAs or Roburs? you used to see them in western europe, but not half as many as Hungarocamion

jj72:

Axorman:
Volan Tefu formed as state owned transport company in 1948

i seem to remember volan tefu were the ones who ran IFAs or Roburs? you used to see them in western europe, but not half as many as Hungarocamion

I seem to remember some tie up with Volan Tefu and Kuehne and Nagel. At least I tipped K&N loads often in their depot. Then loading back direct for K&N

There was an LDD years ago about a Hungarocamion Driver wasnt there…

Had a 190.36 Turbostar and they came from Budapest back to the UK with him.

KW:
There was an LDD in TRUCK sometime during the 80’s featuring a Hungarocamion Turbo Star.

:blush: :blush:

Just seen your post Keith.

i think these are smart looking trucks.

truckerash:
Yep. I remember them well. I always used to think they were “just boring bland unimaginative colour schemes”. But now, when I look at the photos of the old and sometimes rare trucks, they look awesome! Maybe cause i’m getting old and appreciate the older trucks more… :wink:

Can only agree with you there, something to do with the passage of time. Those Rabas pretty rare anyway, only show how few manufacturers there are left, there’s just less character now. Anyway, before I get to old and emotional, I seem to remember this was classed as a plum job back in the days of Raba. etc as the drivers were better paid than teachers etc. at home. There was also the opportunity to get a little foreign currency too…

Thats funny, I was stunned by the four photos of old Hungarocamion lorries, only to see, that in true retro style, it was indeed Truckerash once again who posted them.

Truckerash, you truly have the most comprehensive and amazing collection of European truck photos of old I have ever seen.

It is a crime to not share your whole collection.!!

yes…truckerash has fantastic pictures…he should release an annual,same as when we were kids we had the beano and dandy every christmas now we could have truckerash’s latest themed annual.