sovtransavto

hello all,
just wondering if any of you managed to get any pics of this company in the 80’s, making a model of a merc in their colours and trying to get a good picture of the sign writing so far my email to the company hasnt come back…many thanks
pete

Some great Rusland, Ost Europ and Greichenland, Turkei, Romania and desert images on this site.

I used to pull for Transways who where there Greek agent, they’d be parked up ages in Piraeus waiting for funds etc.

I also remember going to get a repair done on an F12 in St Petersburg at there premises, they where fantastic & in all truth the workshops where second to none & there was’nt a part they did’nt have in stock.

I’ve no pictures though I’m sorry, I just wish I’d had a camera now & again back then.

Always double manned, was it a drivers myth though that one of the two drivers was a fully paid up Communist Party member or KGB man, keeping an eye on the other chap in case he had other ideas about returning home■■? :wink:

bullitt:
Always double manned, was it a drivers myth though that one of the two drivers was a fully paid up Communist Party member or KGB man, keeping an eye on the other chap in case he had other ideas about returning home■■? :wink:

I have heard that too, but it was supposedly the same story with Willi Betz / Somat and F Troop.

Any KGB bloke worth his salt would have been over the wire with his running mate like a shot!

wheel nut many thanks mate,
its pictures like the volvo i need with the signwriting in russian as oppsed to english heres what im building hopefully with a drag to go on the back, dont know if they ran these with sleeper pods but just something i fancied trying.

done a bit of rusting to the cab doors too

wirralpete:
hello all,
just wondering if any of you managed to get any pics of this company in the 80’s, making a model of a merc in their colours and trying to get a good picture of the sign writing so far my email to the company hasnt come back…many thanks
pete

Hi Pete,

I took this pic in approx 1984/5, it was a bog-standard 6X4 Merc SK, (IIRC 2433) but there’s no sleeper pod.

TBH Pete, I’ve never seen any Sovtransavto with a sleeper pod.

cheers dave tbh dont think they did have any but i fancied making a sleeper pod wagon and drag from the old eastern bloc and it was a toss up between them or deutrans… :slight_smile:

wirralpete:
cheers dave tbh dont think they did have any but i fancied making a sleeper pod wagon and drag from the old eastern bloc and it was a toss up between them or deutrans… :slight_smile:

I would look at some Romanian trucks, maybe you can find pictures of the old Romtrans or of some ROMAN vehicles to give you an idea, maybe more realistic than Sovtransavto

Romtrans

wirralpete:

Hi Pete,

I’ve done a little research…

It seems that Deutrans did have some trucks fitted with sleeper pods.

There’s a site that has lots of interesting stuff, but the site is optimised for Mozilla browsers.
Here’s the homepage, but the menu of internal site links is alomost invisible along the top. :frowning:

:bulb: Check the fifth pic from the top of this link:
:arrow_right: http://www.ddr-modelle.com/Deutrans_90.html

Here’s another with a sleeper pod:
:arrow_right: http://www.deutrans.de/index.html

I’ve also found where you can get decals from: :arrow_right: CLICKY

If you get stuck, I might be able to help with the German language that you find on those sites, because ‘google translate’ doesn’t get on very well with German. :wink: :grimacing:

I hope this helps. :smiley:

dave many thanks for that mate, has given me ideas for another model as has wheel nut…thinking of 3 models of eastern european companies now…bit better than building scania topliners all the time lol

Cheers Pete, I’m always glad to help. :smiley: