Hungarocamion ?

here 2 pics from me , taken in 1987 :open_mouth:

:blush: :blush: :blush: Thanks alot for the kind comments :wink:
Maybe I should do a Photo-scrapbook. Lots of pics and captions?

Hungarocamion drivers ā€œin the old daysā€, had to learn German and English and be proficient mechanics before they were allowed out ā€œto the Westā€.

They used to bring in lots of cheap tyres. I remember they were always at Lenham storage down in Kent. Chap there used to drive them into town where they would buy loads of clothes from M&S to take back and sell. Quality company in the 80ā€™s and 90ā€™s.

I found these 2 first one my arm slipped. Le Bourget ? 85

Remember them well always back loading for M&S at woodford or at Barking

i think the hungarocamion trailer was purely coincidental alan, that just happened to be there at the same time as the other thing which caught your eye. :unamused: :unamused:

Ok bob, you may remember i was a trainee paperatze, the 3rd shot through the window. I,ve still got the scar :unamused:

jj taurus tyres they always brought them into henry longs 2 loads on a monday
hungarion camion we always called one driver ivan the terrible

try again

just browsing euro wheels and saw thisā€¦

although it seems to have a hungarian reg mark chalked on the bottom grilleā€¦

romanian registered?..

and this from the good old days, so to speakā€¦

Gert:
here 2 pics from me , taken in 1987 :open_mouth:

Can any body confirm that these Rabas were actually M.A.N.s and Dafs made under licence ? I was told this years ago and just believed it to be true. :confused: :confused: :confused:

Thats how I understood it to be, cheaper, affordable, and produced locally at a time when Eastern bloc countries didnā€™t have the moola for expensive foreign importsā€¦but then again I have been known to get things wrong :wink:

I believe the RABA was a manufacturer in its own right who just happened to buy in ready made components from other manufacturers, unlike ROMAN who built MAN under licence in Romania. Someone will remind me of the Jughead version that used a Mercedes cab.

Some of the eastern bloc motors were far superior than ours for the conditions although I canā€™t see many of us wanting to double man in a Detroit Dieseled LIAZ or do 12 hours in a TATRA 10 wheeler

I do remember going into Hungarocamions workshops and they were replacing a locally built engine with a kit from DAF making a RABA ATI

WheelNut
The Jughead version was called a FAP if I remember rightly. They couldnt pull the skin off a rice pudding or the bread off a Cevapcicci !!
GS

By whiplash_012 at 2008-12-16.Taken Dover early 80`s