Greetings from holidays! Pic Heavy

Where I am? :slight_smile: Some great trucks and amazing cars. The really huge museum and all about just one manufacturer!

(I am not sure where to put this thread, I thought about photo forum, but its not really truckspotting, then I thought about bullys or even Where am I, but its still truck related, so I decided to put it into general forum. If thats wrong, please move).

Let’s start with trucks:

Bonus question: why some of the vehicles are RHD and other are LHD? And what year it changed? :slight_smile:

^ Is there anyone to say: I would prefere that one any time over that crappy Scania Opticruise… ? :smiley: 1897 IIRC

^ This very one won Paris - Dakar

^ 4X4 from 40s-50s.

^ I could have motorhome like that

^ proved to be reliable… :slight_smile:

When I was going for a student expedition to Asia, we had to get our own cars. And they say communism was bad :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

^ they were also making planes, trams, fridges, trains…

^ long liners? Nothint new in that idea :slight_smile:

And now, to the cars:

^ The oldest car from Austro-Hungarian empire.

^ armoured 613

^ some models

^ Once upon the time, Mr Hitler called Mr Porsche, showed him picture of this little one and told him "please, build a car like this for me. And that how the VW Beetle came to this world (no, altough I made up the story itself, I am not joking, VW settled out off the court that matter after the war and paid communist czechoslovakia some money)

^ The original beetle interior

^ This is before Citroen Traction Avant!

^ Judging from how hard was to pull the girls that were with us from this car, this is ultimate cabrio to pick some :slight_smile: Tatra T600 Tatraplan

^ Some army stuff

^ Rally version of T603

^ Latest prototype, sadly never went to production :frowning:

^ and now, for something completely different :stuck_out_tongue:

^ version for Monte Carlo rally, late 1940s…

^ detail of the one above.

^ Rail vehicle

^ some frames

Now: how cool is that:

^ Last production car

^ and back to the roots
Bonus one:

The museum was great, if you ever are somewhere near, DO GO AND SEE IT.

The only thing is that despite that the museum is really big, there is so much vehicles on display, that there is not much space around them.

So where is this museum??

xtruckerlady:
So where is this museum??

tatramuseum.cz/index.php?r=5&idj=1 Koprivnice, Ceska Republika, circa 160 km N/E from Brno.

by the shape of some of the trucks i nearly put lego land windsor :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: hope you had a good time thanks for taking the time to put those pics up

Thanks Orys.
Some of those cars are stunning.

The answer is 1939 when that nation changed fron right hand drive to left hand, courtosey of Adolf

G8YMW:
The answer is 1939 when that nation changed fron right hand drive to left hand, courtosey of Adolf

Good answer! That proves that Adolf was sometimes sensible :stuck_out_tongue:

Nice pics thx :slight_smile:

Some great pics there, thanks for posting.
Good to see somethings a bit different !

Thanks for that enjoyed looking through them.