ERF E12TX Reg. L2 FRS Ex F R Somerset

Does anybody know the whereabouts or have any photo’s of the ex F R Somerset ERF E12TX 325 tractor unit with the reg L2 FRS?
It was a 6x2 twin steer plated at 41 tonnes and I was it’s regular driver in 2000.
It was last taxed in 2002 so may be working as a shunter somewhere?
Thanks.

That’s a late E series on L reg ,I bet Robert would know who he sold it too .

I worked for FRS in the 90s and remember Andy Mycock getting that new . He drove it until the first new DAF came . I finished there in 2000 so I have no idea where it went afterwards .

Punchy Dan:

Yeah it was a late one. The first of the EC models were L reg which Somersets also ran into the 2000’s until they started replacing them with Daf XF space cabs.

Punchy Dan:

Alas, I don’t! Good luck with the search chaps.

ERF-NGC-European:

Punchy Dan:

Alas, I don’t! Good luck with the search chaps.

I was referring to Mr Somerset :wink:

Could it be the one in the link below?

flic.kr/p/oBd89z

Not ,that one Pete , that was an R registered ec11 , twin splitter with all the bells and whistles . Not like Robert to buy such a posh motor , usually poverty spec motors .

rigsby:
Not ,that one Pete , that was an R registered ec11 , twin splitter with all the bells and whistles . Not like Robert to buy such a posh motor , usually poverty spec motors .

My only luxury in L2 was an electric window on the passenger side only!
Such a good truck though - the limiter was set at 60 but it soon ran out of steam on the steep bits

You must have started after I left in June 2000 MH , the memory is getting fuzzy these days it is 20 years ago so you will have better recall than me . I finished on that m reg Olympic with the 375 perkins , never was high up the favourites to warrant a newer motor , but the Olympic was Warm and comfy and did the job .

I remember a guy called Richard on an Olympic but that was R reg I think. Did they have more than 1 Olympic, I can’t remember?
I was a young lad that came from Goodwin and Forbes on the tippers. Mike Doughty gave me a job tramping to get some Class 1 experience.

mh46:
I remember a guy called Richard on an Olympic but that was R reg I think. Did they have more than 1 Olympic, I can’t remember?
I was a young lad that came from Goodwin and Forbes on the tippers. Mike Doughty gave me a job tramping to get some Class 1 experience.

Yes , Richard Chapman had the Olympic you recall , I had an m reg Olympic , I don’t know who had that when I left .

mh46:

I had a brief 6 months loading spar a lad used to come from Goodwin & Forbes in a Reiver on day work his nick name was cod eye because of his eye :wink: we used to over load him I think the body broke in 2 in the end :open_mouth:

Yeah i remember Codeye, he left to go to James Irlam’s at Chelford. The spar job was for a bloke called Stan Wain if I remember. Codeye ended up with a 6 wheeler Leyland Constructor after you lot killed his Reiver!!

mh46:
Yeah i remember Codeye, he left to go to James Irlam’s at Chelford. The spar job was for a bloke called Stan Wain if I remember. Codeye ended up with a 6 wheeler Leyland Constructor after you lot killed his Reiver!!

Yes that’s right ,20 plus tonne some loads ,he’d leave it up there over night and scream the nuts off it from cold in a morning :open_mouth: :cry: