London Borough Transport Scheme Plates

Does Anybody have any photos of London Borough Transport Scheme Plates? I have been trying to find some close up photos but I can’t find any, Im Hoping to make some for my Scania 124L.

Thanks
Kieran Moore

Is this what you are looking for, Regards Larry.

Here are two I got from my album but not too clear, slightly different to LB’s maybe a later version that had writing all the way round, Buzzer

Scan_0002 (2).jpg

Scan_0001 (2).jpg

Thanks, Do you have any of the green plates Larry?

Redneck Kieran:
Thanks, Do you have any of the green plates Larry?

Sorry they were left on the Tractor units when we packed in, IIRC The London lot sent us the green stickers to cover the original ones, But Im sure there must be some still about, Regards Larry

Ok, Thanks

This is a decal off a model i made with a GLC plate if it’s any use.

jshepguis:

That’s Perfect, Do you think that you could get a closer photo?

Redneck Kieran:

jshepguis:

Here`s an image on a blog:
therantyhighwayman.blogspot.com … ntrol.html
Maybe he still has one in his shed?

Redneck Kieran:

jshepguis:

Blown up pic.

Yeah, I’ve Found one, Thanks everyone.

DSC_0122.JPG

Redneck Kieran:

You need to downsize the pics old mate :wink:

ERF-NGC-European:

Redneck Kieran:

You need to downsize the pics old mate :wink:

I’ve just done it for him. :wink:

Well we applied for these London Lorry Ban Permits in the 1986, It was a long drawn affair, But we were granted them, Then in IIRC 1991 We were informed that the Leyland Roadtrain artic F.66 JJR. Had to have silencers fitted to the air brake system so as not to upset the Londoners from sleeping at night, I thought what a lot of ■■■■■■■■, I informed my local Leyland Dealer and they said that they new sweet FA About this new enforcement, I then got in touch with the London and informed them that all wagons had air braking systems so why pick on Leyland Road Trains, Plus I also informed them that I would stop running goods into London, I never had a reply, So thats says it all, Red Tape. Regards Larry.

Nice to see you back on the old key board Larry ! However I’m surprised that you succumbed to what was nothing short of a Political scam with regard to the London lorry ban ! I would have nowt to do with it ! we did get a number of letters threatening prosecution from the odd time one of our motors “flouted” the so called ban but I just ignored them and I have got to say that nowt come of any of them ! I realise things are very much different now like but back then I just viewed it as a tax scam ! But I believe, as you have said was that all you had to do to get a “badge” was agree to have air brake silencers fitted at some unspecified time in the future ! Blatantly political Mate ! ■■■■ 'em ! Kind regards to you and the family Dennis.