My late farther Colin Moore H&M Transport Ltd

just wondering if anyone from here knew my late dad from H & M transport … would love to piece a few things together

bb41:
just wondering if anyone from here knew my late dad from H & M transport … would love to piece a few things together

Hi bb41, I knew of and met a couple of times Colin Moore, first in the office at Harding’s yard in or around 1960 and later in the '70s when he moved to Horspath from Rosehill. BigG on the Oxford thread if I recall rightly also knew of the Harding and H&M firms. I have more info if you PM me.
Oily

bb41:

Hi,

I remember a Colin on H & M he used to ship out to Le Havre a couple of times a week, the other two drivers were Alfie and Jock. I think Colin used to be a policeman.

Regards
Richard

Many thanks for your replies , been going through some rough times so apologies for not replying personally.

I did have an email recently which I can’t reply to so not sure if they can see this and pm me.

I am so pleased you remembered it has made me really happy thank you so much ■■

I knew of H and M as I live in HEADINGTON and been in transport all my life , I knew a few of the drivers over the years too , I also use to work with Ray moore who was related to Colin , RAY lived at Rosehill and was a fitter in the workshops .I worked at Brs Oxford with him.

bb41:
Many thanks for your replies , been going through some rough times so apologies for not replying personally.

I did have an email recently which I can’t reply to so not sure if they can see this and pm me.

Good to hear from you, I will PM you tomorrow.
Oily

This any good, not my picture.

Harding trideck.jpg

JAKEY:
I knew of H and M as I live in HEADINGTON and been in transport all my life , I knew a few of the drivers over the years too , I also use to work with Ray moore who was related to Colin , RAY lived at Rosehill and was a fitter in the workshops .I worked at Brs Oxford with him.

I’m not sure if I know Ray Moore …do you mean Ray Hale…■■ he wasn’t a relation as Dad had only one sister who died a few years ago.

It was my Nan and Gramp living at Rose Hill who had the little grocery shop with Gladys and Horace Harding living at the end of the yard ( my nan’s sister and brother in law )

Anything else would be wonderful… thank you

oiltreader:

bb41:

Good to hear from you, I will PM you tomorrow.
Oily

Hi I sent you a pm , hope I have done it correctly …thank you

Dieseldog66:
This any good, not my picture.

Thank you Diesel … I will try and put some pics up which I have … thank you

Hello , Ray Moore may not of been a relative then but he told me he was and he worked in the brs oxford workshops from the late 80s to the late 90s and before that he was at H and M .

h and m guy.jpg

Hi bb41, you mentioned a Horace Harding, is he or is he related to a well known name in the Oxford Transport scene ‘Banger’ Harding? I have a friend that Steve (Jakey) knows too called Colin (Gibbo) Gibbs who worked for H&M for a few years. I used to cycle down the Bye-pass from Green Road when I was young on a Saturday/Sunday to Pony Road to look at their wagons all parked out on the road outside the Yard ready for the off, wish had taken some pics of their old Marathon’s, day/sleeper cabs. Regards Chris

great photos chris .

JAKEY:
great photos chris .

Can’t honestly remember when I took these pics Steve :confused: They are in H&Ms yard but what I was doing in there I don’t know, I did some Agency work for H&M as I did for Tesco’s to help pay for holidays etc but that was years before these pics with the G plate Strato’s, by this time I was on Air Products & certainly didn’t need to do Agency work on those wages :unamused: :smiley: . Chris