H&M transport oxford

Any one out there remember H&M transport oxford, i workd for nat.grid at the transmission tower stores at didcot and thay had the contract for all our work dellivering the steel and cable and everything else used on plylons.thay provided a tractor unit for us to load and move there trailers around our site,the first was an old guy big j no power sterring etc and when you have never driven an artic befor it was hard work getting that trailer were you wanted it.then came a seddon with power sterring oh what luxuary that was. one of the drivers was Ron Middelton who tought me to rope and sheet and use chains and dogs for the steel and cable drums. all that was back in the 1980s (oh what fun)

Try the Oxfordshire thread

yes there a few pictures of H and ms wagons on the Oxford firms .

Hi Silvershadow,

I remember Alfie,Colin,and Jock who used to run to France every week, in Marathons on a BMC contract, good lads.

Regards
MaggieD

Hi maggie d , was that the late jock fulton who ended up on Brs Oxford ?, and which Colin there was two ?

Here you go .

I remember this old Guy , I thought they had some with sleepers aswell ?

h and m guy.jpg

Think they had a Sed atki strato as well on contract to W Lucy & co in Summertown.

They did, here ya go :smiley:

JAKEY:
Hi maggie d , was that the late jock fulton who ended up on Brs Oxford ?, and which Colin there was two ?

Hi Jakey,

I didn’t know Jock had passed away R.I.P a great character, my wife has a Class 1 and we were often on the Southampton - Le Havre boat,with 2 lorries, short of cabins one night they asked us would we mind sharing a 4 berth cabin as we knew all the lads,there was no problem, we were in the cabin showering and changing when in comes Jock who was one of the other two drivers to share. His face was a picture and in his broad Scottish accent explained that his bodily functions may keep Angela awake !! :blush: I think he spent most of the night at the bar :smiley: :smiley:

Colin if I remember was an ex Policeman.

Regards
Richard

thanks i think this was ron middeltons truck