PAUL GEE's PHOTO COLLECTION (Part 1)

coomsey:
637 Dean with Carribbean cab! Drove one for 9mths , not for the faint hearted.6 X 12 hr shifts a little bit nippy n a lot noisey. Almost certainly the worst vehicle on rubber tyres,a body rearranger.

Thanks for the comments “coomsey” i bet they were noisey old things. Like the “body rearranger” comment. :laughing: :laughing: :wink:

steelboyf10:
I think that Bedford was Detroit powered, may be getting confused with Dixons from Kidderminster though!, Central Plants yard was other side of the canal to the Round Oak pub and is now occupied by housing, Cheers Pete.

Hey Dean, when you spent the amount of time I did under it…you never forget them!..great pics as ever, keep em coming! :smiley:

“steelboyf10” Taken in Edwards yard alongside the A34 in Newbury, before the by pass…

I take it that the TM was not the most reliable then “steelboyf10” :unamused: :laughing:

Buzzer:
Dean the Commer straw lorry reminds me of R.A.Mansbridge from Shootash near Romsey I may be wrong of course, Buzzer

Thanks for the possible name “Buzzer” :wink:

coomsey:
637 Dean with Carribbean cab! Drove one for 9mths , not for the faint hearted.6 X 12 hr shifts a little bit nippy n a lot noisey. Almost certainly the worst vehicle on rubber tyres,a body rearranger.
Bit more info. V engine up front straight at the back n two pedals ,bit of rod between so if back one full bore so was front one,if you was turning sharp you’d drop the back one off,or else straight on.Five pedals one brakes, which I never used in 9mths,also acceleraters ,diff lock n gear shift inhibitor. She had a lap belt not for accidents but to stop you being thrown out. More blind spots than Stevie Wonder n a similar colour at the end of the shift. We were paid very good money for it n worth every penny. We must have been nuts!! Cheers Coomsey

Quality “coomsey” that made me laugh. :laughing: :wink:

pete smith:
Morning Dean,
A Ruby was from Willenhall, West Midlands, we have had a couple of their’s on before, Cheer’s Pete

Cheers Pete. :smiley:

kingswinford kit:
"Buzzer"Dean the Commer straw lorry reminds me of R.A.Mansbridge from Shootash near Romsey I may be wrong of course, Buzzer
Hi DEAN and Buzzer ,that location is the Newent junction on the A40 out of Gloucester . In the background is Cottrells Daimler Fleetline on route to Ruardean ,now our ROF should recognise that bus !! regards Keith

Thanks for the info on where the pic was taken Keith. :smiley:

tastrucker:
“pete smith” Morning Dean,
A Ruby was from Willenhall, West Midlands, we have had a couple of their’s on before, Cheer’s Pete

hello DEAN and pete ,yes A Ruby from the black country ,they would come up to Shotton ,but with ERFs ,thank you Trevor

Thanks for the comment Trevor. :wink: