PAUL GEE's PHOTO COLLECTION (Part 1)

jshepguis:
Couple of photos of f86 my uncle had from new as you can see no air stack, reg was MVN 991F so was an early version.

Thanks for the photos chap ! :laughing: :wink:

Paul John:

kenfig bill:
Hello DEAN ,more excellent shots from South Wales …Davies and Meredith …those Atkis worked hard !..steel during the day and Dunlop work at nights …they finished up with ERFs as they did not like the Stratos .
Wakelys i think did work out of Rhoose airport …amongst other things …Geraint

Hi Geraint. Wakelys, Harold I think his name was were based in Fleur in between Fairview on the Monmouthshire side of the Rhymney River and Tir-Y-Birth on the Glammorganshire side. Just down the road fromn Ellis Morgan (Blackwood). Wakely’s did furniture removals and worked out of Mortil plastics in Aberbargoed, (Britannia). They also did vehicle repairs and sold lorry’s as well. Back in the early 70s my father bought a FG box van off him and fitted an ex Walls ice cream fridge removed from two previous Commer chassis straight into the inside of the existing body.
I may be mixed up here, but although the FG was ran at 7.5 ton, you had to have a class 3 license as it was over 3 ton ulw! Spent many high school summers traveling up and down the Rhymney, Merthyr, Tredegar and Ebbw Vale valleys in that motor. Mind you, that experience wasn’t free as I had weekly washing and nightly loading duties.
I think Carl Williams moved into Wakelys old yard.

Paul

Thanks for your comments Paul. I think Geraint tramps all week so you may not get a reply till
next weekend. :wink:

graham-A:
The yellow ERF is one of Icenorth`s of Lincoln

Thanks for the name Graham,and welcome to Trucknet chap ! :smiley: :wink: