PAUL GEE's PHOTO COLLECTION (Part 1)

Ray Smyth:

Sir +:
[quote=“Ray Smyth”
Hi Dean, The 6 Wheeler coach is Bedford VAL, The one that I drove had a Leyland engine.
I think the bodywork is by Martins Caetano of Portugal.
The Bradford Corporation double decker is a Leyland Atlantean, the bodywork looks like
Wm. Alexander of Falkirk. 95 % certain on both vehicles. Regards, Ray.

Ray,I would go for a Van Hool Vistadome body on the VAL,and could the decker possibly be a Daimler Fleetline Park Royal ? :wink: :smiley:
Sorry for diverting the thread again. :blush:

Hi Sir + Yes , The Bedford VAL has bodywork by Van Hool, but I think I am correct with the Bradford Leyland. Regards, Ray.
[/quote]
I never knew there was so much intrest in these buses/coaches ! :unamused:

ERF-NGC-European:

Ray Smyth:

Sir +:

Ray Smyth:
Ray,I would go for a Van Hool Vistadome body on the VAL,and could the decker possibly be a Daimler Fleetline Park Royal ? :wink: :smiley:
Sorry for diverting the thread again. :blush:

Hi Sir + Yes , The Bedford VAL has bodywork by Van Hool, but I think I am correct with the Bradford Leyland. Regards, Ray.

Yes, I thought Van Hool too. And Van Hool is a very convenient link with the lorries again: my sturdy tilt trailer was built by them :wink: ! Robert

Cheers Robert for your comments,so you are with Ray. :laughing: I did not know you knew about coaches,did you drive them
at some point ■■ :unamused: :laughing:

240 Gardner:

ERF-NGC-European:

Absolutely correct, Robert! The PD2s were the second generation of White Ladies, the first being PD1s with very similar-looking Burlingham bodies. White Ladies were for middle distance express services, rather than the motorway work the Gay Hostesses were designed for. A third generation of White Ladies was built in 1962, based on Atlantean chassis like the Hostesses, but with no toilet or refreshment service, and with 59 rather than 50 seats
The Ribble Vehicle Preservation Group have one of them, fully restored, together with an unrestored Hostess which needs £150,000 spending on it! I promise to stick to lorries again after this :blush:

Don’t worry ‘240 Gardner’, the Leyland 0.600 engine is a sufficiently strong link between buses and lorries in this particular case :wink: ! Robert

Splendid :wink: And, in the case of the Standerwick flying machines, the 680.
[/quote]
Thanks for your comments Chris ! :laughing:

Well all this bus/coach stuff could get intresting. I assume there were alot of different body builders ■■? :unamused:

240 Gardner:
They were rather luxurious by the standards of the day, yes. Have a look here: flic.kr/p/oi9stg

:laughing: