Will Brexit Mean The End Of The Euro Pallet?

Caffeine:
Brexit could see a reduction from the 44 tonne weight limit or a return of its original restriction (then under EU derogation) that limited 44 tonne operation here to container vehicles travelling to or from a port or designated inland rail-freight terminal.

I think it’s a disaster that we’re leaving the EU and also I can’t see any reason why the 44 tonne limit should be reduced. But Brexit is a container-load of unintended consequences waiting for the seals to be broken and who knows what could happen?

EU regs are 40t max.In which case how do you reach the conclusion that Brexit means a reduction in the 44 t limit ?.When there’s nothing in EU rules which wouldn’t already have allowed the UK government to apply 40t gross max and 44t inter modal only. :confused: Or for that matter where has such a change been mentioned in the Brexit manifesto ?.As for what ‘could happen’ at least we know that we’ve got more democratic control over how we’re governed.

Meanwhile unfortunately I think there’s more chance that the remainers will win out.With May’s probable plan all along being delaying Brexit.Based on the gamble that she’ll then call a snap election in May and the Conservatives will probably lose their small majority and become a minority government.At which point shell just let the LabLibSNP majority ignore the referendum vote and sign us back into the EU in all but name ( EEA ).With the Cons being able to deflect the blame for ignoring the Brexit manifesto and mandate on to them. :unamused: :frowning: Hopefully I’m wrong in that regard.