What's likely to change in the haulage industry?

If anyone has any facts or strong guesses, what’s likely to change in the haulage industry now that we’ve voted to leave the EU?

I’m guessing they’ll be some big changes to driving abroad, and foreign trucks coming here.

Post away!

I assume we are likely to see barriers put up on both sides to working oversea’s, as I can’t see us trying to limit the number of foreign truckers over here without the continent retaliating. So with that in mind, is there a chance that both sides won’t go down that road■■?

I don’t know! :open_mouth:

Reg plates won’t have the Euro stars circle with a GB below anymore!!

I think we’ll need to use the TIR system.

The amount of poles/foreigners driving for Tesco/Stobarts etc they’ll probably need work permits and what not.

I think the dcpc will remain as its a money spinner but may be toned down from 35hrs. Maybe make it 18hrs of quality instead of 35hrs of pish.

Charge hauliers coming to the uk, the longer your truck is here the more you pay. Get rid of the domestic hgv road user duty and just lump it back onto ved

Who knows where is carryfast when you need him :laughing:

goshow:
Reg plats won’t have the Euro stars circle with a GB below anymore!!

And that is just about all that will change. If anyone feels otherwise, they can go and count the Norwegian and Swiss lorries coming off the boat in Dover.

Perhaps we have to look at Norway and Switzerland and see how they work outside,but still with the EU.
Maybe the UK can go its own way but it will be a long drawn out process after more than 30yrs in the EU ‘‘club’’.
Maybe this will give the EU a kick up the arse to reduce all the crap bureaucracy and wastage within the system.

Deals will be made to keep the eastern cheap labour.

I hope now that cabotage rules will continue to be in play.

And foreign trucks will hopefully be forced to pay the hgv levy now after the eu decided it wasn’t fair.

As stated above, if we start to make it difficult for them they will do exactly the same

Hammy747:
If anyone has any facts or strong guesses, what’s likely to change in the haulage industry now that we’ve voted to leave the EU?

I’m guessing they’ll be some big changes to driving abroad, and foreign trucks coming here.

Post away!

I doubt much will change. Especially not anytime soon. If you keep doing your job better, cleaner, and more efficiently than the other guy, you’ll still be employed tomorrow. And next week. And next year.

My only real prediction is that driving and working hours will be increased.

Evil8Beezle:
I assume we are likely to see barriers put up on both sides to working oversea’s, as I can’t see us trying to limit the number of foreign truckers over here without the continent retaliating. So with that in mind, is there a chance that both sides won’t go down that road■■?

Export (such as remains) and import will remain to be shifted by cheaper foreign hauliers. There may be a tightening up of cabotage, meaning less local work shifted by foreign hauliers, but how much of that do they do at the moment anyway?

If the government try to restrict/charge foreign hauliers for coming into the UK, the EU will retaliate before you can say 'passport please '. Besides, European countries have been charging foreign hauliers (as well as there own) for many years, through motorway charges (vignette, maut etc). Our patriotic governments have during those years steadfastly refused to charge foreign hauliers using our roads, whilst screwing local hauliers through the road tax.

Wake up. Your government does not care about you. They care about their own pockets. All of them since the 1950’s.

hutpik:
Perhaps we have to look at Norway and Switzerland and see how they work outside,but still with the EU.

I think the Swiss are a bit more conservative with their haulage regulations, but I was loading in Sundolitt near Harstad on Tuesday. I was loading for Tromsø, so was another truck and a fridge had 4-5 drops finishing in Alta

None of us was driving a Norway-reg truck…

the nodding donkey:

Evil8Beezle:

Export (such as remains) and import will remain to be shifted by cheaper foreign hauliers. There may be a tightening up of cabotage, meaning less local work shifted by foreign hauliers, but how much of that do they do at the moment anyway?

If the government try to restrict/charge foreign hauliers for coming into the UK, the EU will retaliate before you can say 'passport please '. Besides, European countries have been charging foreign hauliers (as well as there own) for many years, through motorway charges (vignette, maut etc). Our patriotic governments have during those years steadfastly refused to charge foreign hauliers using our roads, whilst screwing local hauliers through the road tax.

Wake up. Your government does not care about you. They care about their own pockets. All of them since the 1950’s.

Are you saying it is only UK registered trucks that have been paying the HGV road user levy since April Fools Day 2014?

Fuel will go up because of the drop of the £ compared to the dollar

It will be back to T forms and leaving a 20 euro note on the dash whilst some Gendarme checks that you’ve got less than 200L of diesel :slight_smile:

Norway not in Eu.And plenty EE truck do delivery to there and from .And there no cabotage restriction.

Yes Andrejs, you do seem to have a firm grasp on the subject :laughing:

weeto:

the nodding donkey:

Evil8Beezle:

Are you saying it is only UK registered trucks that have been paying the HGV road user levy since April Fools Day 2014?

:slight_smile: fair point.

I should have mentioned that the current government finally brought in a levy. 20 years too late, having let Willi Betz show the way how to run an East European haulage firm virtually for free in Britain.

milodon:

Most of the trucks I saw when working in Norway where Eastern European just the same as the uk
And many EE used to drive for norweign companies there was plenty of truck parked in torp airport Christmas time and EE drivers flying home for Christmas

Happy sole:

milodon:

Most of the trucks I saw when working in Norway where Eastern European just the same as the uk
And many EE used to drive for norweign companies there was plenty of truck parked in torp airport Christmas time and EE drivers flying home for Christmas

Norway has to comply with the freedom of movement as stipulation to access to the free market.

Radar19:

Happy sole:

milodon:

Norway has to comply with the freedom of movement as stipulation to access to the free market.

Luckily Britain won’t have to put up with that freedom of movement malarkey anymore when the new trade agreements are agreed.