Cabotage

I have not done European work etc for a long time now, so no doubt am very rusty on the Rules/Regs etc. But after a chat with a friend (Trucknet member) the other day it got me wondering? My understanding of Cabotage is that EU Rules restrict the number of permitted Cabotage jobs to 3 in 7 days, which must be followed by a loaded International journey! I run out of Didcot, Oxon, round the corner from my Depot as a lot of you are probably aware both Tesco & Asda have large RDCs running 24/7. Tesco’s have for quite a while now been using Romanian/Bulgarian & various other hauliers with Reg plates that I can’t even work out any more (do some of these countries actually exist?) so who knows where they are from :unamused: . These are seen parked up usually during the day in any space they can find around the Estate roads with the curtains round (they seem to do most of their work for Tesco at night :open_mouth: :wink: :question: ) there is 1 white DAF Space-Cab that spends so much time there it must be on Tesco’ ‘O-Licence’ by now :unamused: . They now have a Bus/camper bit of kit that has appeared, & caravans, (communal rest room/office etc maybe?). Some of these Tractor units are regulars, so is this a bit of un-regulated naughtiness going on? With Xmas approaching & the driver shortage that is affecting the Transport Industry nowadays, the Agencies too by all accounts, it will be interesting to see what kind of kit is going to be seen pulling Tesco trailers round in the next couple of months :question: . Regards Chris

Have the number plates got velcro or wing nuts on them? :wink:

Wheel Nut:

Could be “Fast Eddies” outfit gone “native” i.e. now employing the Flip flop brigade, any way to keep the rates depressed :blush: :open_mouth: Bewick.

ADR,

Yes it’s a sad state of affairs and is happening all over Europe. Trouble is without customs papers on any way of checking (apart from digi tacho) which seems to be too much for any police force to coop with, sure as eggs are eggs all the drivers have a hand written CMR showing that they have loaded in BG / RO / wherever, and offloaded in U.K.

A few years ago here, and still continues, there were a rake of Portuguese hauliers moving rocks and stone from quarries with cmr to show they had loaded in Portugal, but they were loading out of local quarries.

As far as I know they never got caught. Seems the old bill don’t get trained on it all over Europe.

In the meantime NORBERT/ xpo among several other huge companies are all registered in Poland or wherever, and cabotaging until their hearts content.

Will anybody do something about it ? I don’t hold my breath

Bewick:

Wheel Nut:

Could be “Fast Eddies” outfit gone “native” i.e. now employing the Flip flop brigade, any way to keep the rates depressed :blush: :open_mouth: Bewick.

Bewick you must count “Fast Eddies” at night when you can’t sleep. I am told that they have a lot of Czech and Bulgarian vehicles on the road at one time they had lots of Belgium registered lorries.