Last lorry that you drove

Here’s one for all the retired lorry drivers, and ex drivers who packed the job in for various reasons.
What was the last lorry that you drove on a public road ?
Cheers Dave.

This Merc was the last HGV Ridgid I drove last year, 40ft overall length, Regards Larry.

Foden alpha , started on fodens and finished on one . 1963 to 2004 .

This is the last one I drove as an owner driver, Regards Larry.

My last drive when I finished in 2002, but snapped here by a forum member in an earlier guise before my firm purchased it from a scrapyard and re-engined it. Originally owned by ARC in Abergavenny.

Pete.

This was the last one on public roads,i do drive a tipper part time in a mine,but that’s ‘‘off road’’ so doesn’t count
lappland life 101.JPG

Hey, First and last one for a living, now from time to time short trips for MOT or else but most underneath of them , but no one could measure up with my yelo Fullered or 76 Super Sweethearts :smiley: :slight_smile: :laughing: :smiley: :slight_smile: :laughing:

Eric,

One of those God-awful Renault Premium things, but only because they were all the firm had left before the gates were closed for good.

Retired Old ■■■■:
One of those God-awful Renault Premium things, but only because they were all the firm had left before the gates were closed for good.

I thought it was a solid tyred,chain driven Sentinal ROF ■■? Cheers Dennis. :wink:

Catch yerself on, Dennis- that was the FIRST time I retired! :wink: :wink:

That will be a Daf XF 105, my last trip tomorrow , then my boots and alarm clock are going in the bin :laughing:

Save the boots, Trev, you’ll be getting an allotment soon!

That’s what you think Trev ,pete smith got other ideas for you mate !

Retired Old ■■■■:

Are you sure you wern’t driving a rig similar to this yoke up ROF :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush: Cheers Dennis.

And you’re asking me if I’m heading to sammy Morgan’s before closing?

Cheeky young s*d, Bewick!
And I suppose you thought we wouldn’t notice the two extra cylinders on the back of that nag? :wink:

A well known haulier in Sheffield who Iam involved with have photos in the office of their first lorries ,2 horse power like Denis ,now that’s some History !

Here’s the last lorry I drove for a living…

…and, more recently, here’s the last lorry I drove for the sheer joy of it (alas, off road)…

DSCF4098.JPG

…and I do hope I’ll get to drive the odd vintage ERF while I still have a licence! Robert :slight_smile:

robert1952:
Here’s the last lorry I drove for a living…

…and, more recently, here’s the last lorry I drove for the sheer joy of it (alas, off road)…

…and I do hope I’ll get to drive the odd vintage ERF while I still have a licence! Robert :slight_smile:

Bulit proof

Bewick:

Retired Old ■■■■:

Are you sure you wern’t driving a rig similar to this yoke up ROF :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush: Cheers Dennis.

Just hope there’s no VOSA chap around, Dennis, he’ll take a dim view of the way that blue trailer’s coupled to the dolly.