North Africa work

Worst decision of my life.My truck and customer’s fridge for the trip from Cambridge area to Annaba,Algeria.Down to Marseilles for ferry.Met two 'kin brit idiots on same trip and went for a drink night before departure .Next morning I loaded all 3 trucks onto ship because idiots were still wrecked.Really boring trip across the med.Algerian importer only unloads 2 trucks per day.The two star drivers gave away almost everything they owned in bribes to get tipped.I didn’t and waited a week on Annaba dock for ferry a week later.Last to load onto ferry a week later and went to cabin.5 mins.later,knock on door.Police arrested me because cases of alcohol discovered in engine room of ship.A week later boarded ship again for Marseilles.Instructed to reload in Seville! 2 weeks later offloaded and return to Cambridge.Found out that the customer (not certain but Funston? rings a bell)had charged me £100/day rental for his trailer which,in total,amounted to more than the revenue from the 2 loads I had delivered.Customer locks himself in office and calls police so he can get home in one piece.
All good experience,I suppose.