PAUL GEE's PHOTO COLLECTION (Part 1)

Punchy Dan:
The above Renault would of belong to Jack ford of chapel en le frith .

Thanks for the name Dan. :wink:

pete smith:
Hi Dean,
Been busy mate, a bit of a promotion and have to stay away a couple of nights a week now in hotels, prefer a cab to be honest!
The pic of the below TM, I pass their old yard every Sunday morning and have been racking my brains trying to remember the name of the company!
I think that Bedford was Detroit powered, may be getting confused with Dixons from Kidderminster though!, Central Plants yard was other side of the canal to the Round Oak pub and is now occupied by housing, Cheers Pete

Thanks for the info Pete. :wink:

steelboyf10:
Taken in Edwards yard alongside the A34 in Newbury, before the by pass…

Nice pic “steelboyf10” you did well to tie that motor up with that pic. :smiley:

MANTRONIC:
"Chris Webb"Morning Dean.
Bell Line drivers used to changeover at Symonds Yat in the 70s,they had marked out bays for parking.
I think Bevans of Newport was one of the main contractors for Bell Line at the Welsh end,not sure about Middlesborough.The ERF in the photo has a Cardiff reg.

That ERF is more likely to be John Stephens Transport Newport . He had several like that in Bells colours with Jennings cabs ,and also F86 and F88 Volovs ,hey Dean another gem from South Wales ,thanx MT

Thanks for the info “MT” :smiley:

moomooland:
“Ray Smyth” Not connected with the above, are you
aware of any decent pictures of Ripponden & District vans, they would call at my depot several times a week ? Kind Regards, Ray.

Well Ray better late than never. :smiley:
Here’s a shot of a Ripponden & District Commer taken in Stockport in January 1966.
[/quote]
Nice black and white shot Paul. :wink:

smallcoal:
Hi Paul,moomooland,here’s a gem I found in a mag a bus canteen in Manchester if you blow up the page there’s a little write up

:wink:

Paul John:
“MANTRONIC”"Chris Webb"Morning Dean.

Bell Line drivers used to changeover at Symonds Yat in the 70s,they had marked out bays for parking.
I think Bevans of Newport was one of the main contractors for Bell Line at the Welsh end,not sure about Middlesborough.The ERF in the photo has a Cardiff reg.

That ERF is more likely to be John Stephens Transport Newport . He had several like that in Bells colours with Jennings cabs ,and also F86 and F88 Volovs ,hey Dean another gem from South Wales ,thanx MT.

Hi all. The blue Roadtrain may be WRJones of Rhiwderin later Caerphilly on the same estate as CVH and Kelvin Ward, Pant-Glas?
The ERF YHB 604T is a Merthyr Tydfil registration HB, and may well of been new to Triumph Business Systems of Pentrebach light green with dark green sign writing. They ran a nice private fleet delivering office furniture metal filing cabinets etc.
The Deutz WNY 11T may of been run by GDJ Price of Newport when new, but not in that photo.
Cant remember if NY is Newport or Bargoed as Caerphilly is KG I think!
If the deutz was supplied by Severnside Commercials it would be Newport, Rhymney Valley Motors it would be Bargoed.
Alan Price & Sons had WNY 628T, Alan’s son Dai had that new, and JNY 97W and 98W.
Paul

Thanks for the comments and information on those trucks Paul. :smiley: