Help needed going to szczecin via germany and the maut

hey all, allthough ive been driving europe for years, ive allways ,mamaged to avoid germany since the maut was introduced, can anyone offer any help or tips? im head out to szczechin next week, im into calais or dunkerque, then, is it better going up to nijmegen and via enschede, hanover and round berlin, or is there a better easier way? also with regards to being in germany, if youve booked your route, do you have to end it and restart next day if your o/nighting or is it better to park on the border and do it in one hit accross germany? cheers

never to proud to ask for help n advice :confused:

hi. been a while since ive done poland but we used to make peine truckstop from ashford then its 4.5 hrs to frankfurtt oder if thats any help. rgds

thanks slicker, we used to do aachen in around 4.5, from calais, but its a part of germany ive never been round, i know its around 1100kms to berlin from london, but its the maut thing thats bakin my noodle

HERE is a list of all toll collect stations in Germany and bordering countries, it is best to just get a ticket to where you are going to stop over night and then get a new one for the next leg of your journey, last time I went to Poland through that border the road from Berlin to Szczecin was the worst motorway in Germany, I think they left it in bad condition so you wouldn’t notice how bad the Polish roads were :unamused:
the main website for Toll collect is HERE

Hi mjbaron , have you read the EURO STICKYS ;here is lots of information
which will help you as Jimti, has posted, book your ticket for the first days
part of the trip as you have set time to do the journey, I think you would
be better off doing, Calais --Venlo , and then up to Duisburg ,kaiserburg
kreuz, on to the A3 and then going on the A2 Hanover/Berlin, depending
how the traffic is, you might just make HANOVER or perhaps even the olds
border crossing at Marieborn,or even URSLEBEN here is a very good truck stop with
a SECURE parking area ,and a NON-SECURED AREA; here is the link to the truckstop
URSLEBEN
**IS THIS any good as a possible route **
CALAIS ; OSTENDE;GENT;ANTWERPEN; EINDHOVEN;VENLO; DUISBURG;
OBERHAUSERN; KAMEN KREUZ;HAMM;HANOVER;MARIEBORN; URSLEBEN
(TRUCKSTOP-EXIT;66); 757KMS ;
next day carry on via BERLIN; to SZCZECIN a distance of 330KMS
IT IS 110KMS TO THE POLISH BORDER; useing then A2; A10; A11;
THIS just suggestion as you may have your own ideas which way you wish to go,
Be aware that along the mani route to POLAND the german police,BAG;
and ZOLL customs are thick on the ground, controls are many normaly,
hope the above is a help, by the way URSLEBEN has a MAUT MACHINE;;

Get yourself an adac map, you will find life alot easier if you have this as it uses the names of junctions as well as the numbers, it is also very good for pointing out autohofs

From Calais I would go via Antwerp and then across to Venlo,join the A2 at Duisburg and straight through to Berlin.
I actually tipped in Germany just 30km before Szczecin this week.
There are some roadworks on the A10 Berliner Ring,but nothing to worry about,and the A11 through to the border at Pomellen is now a good road.Though parking places are few.

I would go via Bad Bentheim (Enschede). Although it is slightly longer, you spend less of the journey in Germany so it’s cheaper.

The MAUT machines are touch-screen and quite easy to follow, although someone will always help you if you are stuck.

For Stettin or Sczczcezzziczn or whatever they call it, I would head straight for Berlin, then up NE wards.

For a journey of that length, an overnight stop will be factored in- there is a time stamped on the ticket, just don’t exceed that.

Don’t forget the Polish vignette, get it from the office marked VINETY, 13 euros for a day, 25 for the week.

thanks very much for all your wisdom and guidance gents, very much appreciated, going to be taking lots of pictures over the next 6 weeks, so once i figure out the way round putting them on here, cheers all, mj

If you have a TomTom, plug it into your PC and the TomTom page will open automatically. Look for “dowload POI’s” and you can download all of the German Autohofs onto your SatNav, as well as Centres Routier, places to buy the Belgian vignette and all sorts of truck-related stuff.

Here’s the border at Kolbaskowa.

Park up, there’s loads of room, Go to the office marked VINETY. The vignette looks like this.

Write your registration number on one part and stick the other bit in your windscreen.

Here’s a Long Distance Diary of a trip I did to Gdansk in 2007… viewtopic.php?f=2&t=24950 which might give you some idea of what to expect.

Safe journey, don’t forget the camera!

mjbaron:
thanks very much for all your wisdom and guidance gents, very much appreciated, going to be taking lots of pictures over the next 6 weeks, so once i figure out the way round putting them on here, cheers all, mj

Easy. Download them onto your PC by plugging in the SD card into the SD card reader, or use the USB lead to connect your camera to your PC. (You have to have downloaded the CD that came with your camera first)

Then open an account at photobucket.com/ or some other photo host, it’s free and quick. Click “UPLOAD” and browse your PC for the images, then upload them.

When they have uploaded, you will see four sets of code beneath each picture, the bottom one will look like this and is marked IMG CODE.

!(http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b305/margamatix/PHOT0050-4.jpg[/img

Now, the reason the code is showing, and not a picture is that I have removed the last bracket- ]- and this has broken it. If I put the bracket back and post it again…

Voila! A picture of a numpty being craned out of a ditch in rural mid-Wales! :blush: :blush: :blush:)

Harry Monk:
some good advices

Just to make things straight:

Szczecin
Kołbaskowo
Winiety :slight_smile:

And from Berliner Ring take motorway number 11. Don’t go to Frankfurt / SÅ‚ubice, as road up north from there is very busy and singlecarriageway only.

Nice country, but a bloody silly language, about on a par with Welsh.

How can a town which is called “Lodz” be pronounced “Wooj”, FFS? :wink:

Anyway, the spelling might be wrong but as long as you can say “yedna Zywiec, proshe”, that’s all you need to know!

Harry Monk:
How can a town which is called “Lodz” be pronounced “Wooj”, FFS? :wink:

It’s not LODZ, it’s ŁÓDŹ! The small bits makes a great difference :slight_smile:

Anyway, the spelling might be wrong but as long as you can say “yedna Zywiec, proshe”, that’s all you need to know!

But, if you are real insider, you’ll ask for “zielony okocim” :slight_smile:

And if someone is upsetting you (read person in Authority) just say “Tea who you yer bunny” (it might end in tears though) can one of our Polish users PM me with its actual meaning please :smiley:

jimti:
And if someone is upsetting you (read person in Authority) just say “Tea who you yer bunny” (it might end in tears though) can one of our Polish users PM me with its actual meaning please :smiley:

Just don’t say “Kkkurrrvaa” to anyone in a position of authority, because that too will end in tears before bedtime. :wink:

K… is actually not as bad, as it’s often used as a coma, similar to f… word in English. This one cited above is much worse, as it’s a strong verbal attack targeted at particular person.

orys:
K… is actually not as bad, as it’s often used as a coma, similar to f… word in English. This one cited above is much worse, as it’s a strong verbal attack targeted at particular person.

Come on then Orys, what does it mean?

Use your imagination to get around the auto-censor, the mods rarely visit this forum!

look here
polishforums.com/general-pol … rds-139/2/

jimti:
look here
polishforums.com/general-pol … rds-139/2/

That’ll be “ty chuju jebany” then?

Good job we don’t have any Polish moderators! :wink: