Toll money berlin

Hi just wondering if somebody could advise me on how much toll money for a trip to Berlin.I have tryed to understand as much as i can from previous posts but I still have I few questions. I was planning to overnight in ashford truckstop where iv been told you can buy the vignette, also would i be able to book my vignette in advance for my return journey whitch will be about a week after? Now the bit im not to sure about the maut, as i will be overnighting in germany some were near hannover hopefully, should i just buy the maut to get to my stop at hannover and buy my next days maut there or pay for the two days at once? I will be returning the same way that I came. If anybody knows how much the trip will cost roughly in maut it would be great, and if i can pay for it on dkv fuel card.( sorry for all the questions only ever done france spain italy portugal before whitch seem alot easyer ha.) Thanks .

Can’t tell you how much it will cost you , but i would pay at the border for the first leg to hannover, then the next leg to your tip and the same on the way back, thats the way i prefer to do it , you get time limits on the maut journey so if one leg of the trip gets disrupted it could effect the next if you had pre booked, only takes a couple of STAU’S, hold ups, This is the most popular word on the radio, :smiley: you can pay with dkv and most fuel cards, Ask at the place you pay for the maut for a, Maut Atlas as it has the names of the junctions, they will lend you one or will give you one if they have them availlable.

I always budget for around 100 Euro from NL to Berlin, not sure of the exact price. You can purchase the Vignette on-line, saves the hassle of finding a place to purchase it on the way back. Also, I would avoid any Ashford!

With regards the Maut, it can be purchased in most garages, you normally get enough time, but if you do buy just for Hannover make sure you get off and find parking where you say you’re going to! I would buy at Venlo, or where ever you’re hopping across.

Also, if you’re going to Berlin Messe, make sure you have 100 euro in cash as a parking deposit.

And if you want to see how a Toll Collect machine works please head over to lorry-driver.com and watch my Liverpool-Vienna-London video!!!

There, another shameless plug dealt with.

In my experience the MAUT has always given enough time for a daily rest period to be taken on a longer trip. If its not enough time when the ticket is issued then you could always cancel it and redo it. the journies can also be amended en route I think but maybe somebody else can confirm.

You can amend your route on the MAUT , but you will have to pay three euros for admin

From the Straelen (Venlo) border to Berlin they give you 24 hours for the journey so more than enough time to do the trip and take a daily rest period. Depending where you are going in Berlin, which motorway exit you will be using and the number of axles and EURO class of your vehicle, it will be around the €90 - €100 mark.

You can by your return Vignette for coming back at the same time as you buy it going out or they sell it at the Venlo border, in the portacabin style restaurant.

Thanks for all the help much appreciated.

I don’t know if you have already gone, but you might want to look at this before you go there. It explains the environmental restrictions for cities in Germany including Berlin

quote…Also, if you’re going to Berlin Messe, make sure you have 100 euro in cash as a parking deposit

It was €200 for Messe Friedrichshafen but only for reloading though, and they only give you five hours to do it in. No deposit for dropping of though.

raymundo:
quote…Also, if you’re going to Berlin Messe, make sure you have 100 euro in cash as a parking deposit

It was €200 for Messe Friedrichshafen but only for reloading though, and they only give you five hours to do it in. No deposit for dropping of though.

I presume you mean parking whilst at the messe on business as it is free to park at the AVUS autohof not more than 300 mtrs away.

jimti:

raymundo:

I presume you mean parking whilst at the messe on business as it is free to park at the AVUS autohof not more than 300 mtrs away.

That’s where I always used to park when doing Messe work, and easy to get into town on the train from there as well.

Coffeeholic:

jimti:

raymundo:

That’s where I always used to park when doing Messe work, and easy to get into town on the train from there as well.

Yes it is/was 3 months ago. 100 as a deposit to load or unload and as you said you don’t get much time for exhibition stuff. As an aside I wonder how long it will be before the put a parking charge at the AVUS?

Perhaps the reason Friedrichshafen is so much more expensive its smaller - and I could sit there all day watching the airships sail off over the lake with the mountains as a backdrop. Off to Birmingham now. Back to reality!

Someone asked about the Eurovignette, you can buy a year in advance and buy it online too

eurovignettes.eu/portal/en/ … reset=true

Plambert:
As an aside I wonder how long it will be before the put a parking charge at the AVUS?

I think the parking doesn’t belong to AVUS and is basically public land so don’t see there being much likelyhood of parking charges in the near future. AVUS have their own parking by the fuel station for about 20 trucks or buses, but these spaces are meant for peple staying at the Rasthof.

jimti:

Plambert:
As an aside I wonder how long it will be before the put a parking charge at the AVUS?

I think the parking doesn’t belong to AVUS and is basically public land so don’t see there being much likelyhood of parking charges in the near future. AVUS have their own parking by the fuel station for about 20 trucks or buses, but these spaces are meant for peple staying at the Rasthof.

That parking area is a bit of a Berlin institution and goes back to the time of the Cold War.

Back then, West Berlin was the most truck friendly city in Germany, for the simple reason that nearly everything in the city had to be brought in by truck through the DDR from West Germany. Trucks could basically park anywhere. The only requirement was displaying a reflective red and white shield front and rear on the offside if parking on road.

The parking area was created in the no man’s land between the A100 and A115 in the Nordschliefe (North Curve) of the AVUS race circuit to accommodate some of the huge amount of trucks keeping West Berlin running.

So it is really a sort of “monument” to the Cold War era