Driving bans and wide load permits

Hi Chaps, maybe someone knows the answer to this…
Can a 7.5t rigid with a wide load run on weekend/holiday bans in France and Germany??
I’ve got all the permits and can’t see that it says you can’t, it just says refer to regulations etc etc and follow laws accordingly… From what I can translate anyway!

It’s less than 3m wide, 4m high and no overhang.

Tia

194m3:
Hi Chaps, maybe someone knows the answer to this…
Can a 7.5t rigid with a wide load run on weekend/holiday bans in France and Germany??
I’ve got all the permits and can’t see that it says you can’t, it just says refer to regulations etc etc and follow laws accordingly… From what I can translate anyway!

It’s less than 3m wide, 4m high and no overhang.

Tia

Hi,

If you can scan the docs (hiding/masking anything that you don’t want to be seen publicly) and post them as pics, then the German speakers on here might be able to help. The overall width is important.

As for the normal driving bans (the Summer Saturday ban and the Sunday [all year] ban,) your 7.5t vehicle may be exempt if its permitted GVW doesn’t exceed 7.5t on the plate. (Or a German BAG portable weighbridge!)

That’s as opposed to a (for example) 18t permitted GVW vehicle that has 7.5t of cargo on board, which wouldn’t be exempt from either ban.

Depending on which one you are, here’s a link to my effort at explaining the German Regs on vehicles >7.5t permitted GVW:

Depending on exactly what you’re carrying, there’s an interesting exemption in the German Road Traffic Act [Straßenverkehrs- Ordnung (StVO)] for if your vehicle is engaged in a job for farming or forestry.

Hi mate, I’ve just had a good search on the French govnmnt transport web sites and as far as I can see, at 7.5 tonnes, you are allowed to travel,
All the restrictions apply to goods vehicles > 7.5
You say that there is no overhang, well going by what I have read so, you are good to go.
Not even a need for an ■■■■■■

I will keep looking for you, French laws and legislation are a n/mare !! :unamused: :unamused:

Thanks for looking both of you! It’s convoi exceptionnel cat 1, so I was just wondering if 7.5t trumps convoi or (most probably) vice versa. It’s a pontoon boat so not farming really!
It’s just the fact from loading tomorrow (Saturday) in Poland , means I can’t get into Germany until 23:00 on Monday (under convoi rules). And then by the time I ever make it across Germany I’m gonna hit the French holiday on the Tuesday, which for convoi rules starts 12:00 Monday until 06:00 Wednesday!! It’s gonna be a slow week!