Help advice wanted wide load to France??????

Help Ive got to deliver a 24x9 portacabin to Dijon France do I need a wide load permits etc or is ok to have 6 inches overhang any ideas much appreciated.

smithyboy:
Help Ive got to deliver a 24x9 portacabin to Dijon France do I need a wide load permits etc or is ok to have 6 inches overhang any ideas much appreciated.

Contact a chap on here, jj72, sounds like his handwriting. Type his name into the search facility, button at the top of the page, then PM him.

Any load over 2.6 metres wide requires a Cat 1 convoi exceptionelle permit.

anything over the side of the trailer is classed as convoi exceptionnal and needs a permit and becareful of your overall height as you wont be able to use all the motorways and end up on nationals, heard of a truck delivering portacabin to lyon from york hit a bridge at beaune on national got to lyon,and they refused it and sent back to york for repair at there expense !!!

DaveL:
Any load over 2.6 metres wide requires a Cat 1 convoi exceptionelle permit.

if they want to be s**tty anything over 2.50m - 2.60m is for fridges only!

you would strictly speaking need a permit, best people are convoi exceptionnel in southampton, just google them

bullitt:

smithyboy:

Contact a chap on here, jj72, sounds like his handwriting. Type his name into the search facility, button at the top of the page, then PM him.

Normally jj72 would just say “nobody goes there anymore” :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Thanks for your help Ive spoken to convoi exc,it all seems liok a lot of grief so have talked my client into having an 8ft wide one sent down instead once again thanks.

Trubrit:

bullitt:

smithyboy:

Normally jj72 would just say “nobody goes there anymore” :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

you want to share rob k’s avatar you do - god’s sake don’t start JB off yet again :laughing:

In 2001 i was involved [with other drivers] in taking wide loads of between 2.9m and 3.2m from calais to charles de gaule a/port We needed all round lights on all o/hangs+flashing orange lights front and rear+marker boards+our own ■■■■■■ vehicle.If there was more than one travelling you had to be at least half a mile apart and each had to have its own ■■■■■■…We could only use the national roads and were restricted to travelling in the daylight and only between 07 00hrs and 16 30hrs.Also we had to be careful as some towns you could only go thro at certain times of the day.