Advice needed - French Sunday driving rules

I was wondering if any of the more seasoned pros could point me in the right direction for where to find a definitive answer to this question, Does a van and trailer combination of 5.5t. train weight, come under the hgv driving ban on Sunday’s in France.
I have spent so long trying to find the answer to this question via other sources and it all seems quite contradictory as some say anything over 7.5t. but some say any commercial vehicle with trailer regardless of weight.
I have only been running with the trailer for a couple of months now and this will be the 1st Euro job with it, despite many trips under my belt without it, so I want to do it properly.
Any advice would be welcome.

Right ,first take a look at the euro stickys as here is lots of information, also look HERE

Cheers Pete,
I have spent hours trawling through previously posted topics, along with various google searches, the one you sent a link to, I have already visited along with hundreds of others.
This one clearly states that the rules only apply to vehicles over 7.5t.
But others I have visited suggest any commercial vehicle, pulling a trailer.
I know it is perhaps not a common vehicle combination, but someone or some organisation must be able to clarify it, as each time I have been on the continent, they seem to be more common combinations outside the UK.
It matters not how I interpret the rule but how the French authorities interpret it as they are dishing out the fines!
Maybe it is just a very grey area I have unwittingly got involved in, as it was hard enough defining the rules in this country to start with.

@bristolvan man, you are under 7,5tn then you are not restricted
on sundays etc try reading this one as well it says the same as the rest
here
NOW read through this one it says you can travel as you are below the 7,5tn limit HERE

I can’t give you the answer, but maybe one of the polish members on here can find out as there are quite a few Eastern block regestered vehicles running round Europe just like yours so they may have contacts who know what the score is
PM orys he may be able to help

Hmm this is 1 of those dodgy grey areas!

The Rules and the Gendarmes seem to be at odds with each other.

You can ‘run’ anything below 7.5t. However as you are over 3.5t with a trailer the Gendarmes say your not supposed to! They may even demand an ‘O’ license authorisation (which you don’t need either).

It’s realy up to you to decide whether you want the hassle or tell your customer about the driving ban! Either way, you might not get the job done at the time you’ve promised.

You might get some better advice from www.gtmuk.com members!

Or run at night in the darkness,and stick to national roads,as cops allways on toll booths at night in France.

Thanks for the coments guys.
I think you are right Zebadee, This is a very grey area. The vast majority of sites suggest that anything under 7.5t. is exempt, However 1 or 2 I came across suggested anything articulated over 3.5t. is included (if used for hire or reward).
This latter feeling has been mirrored by 2 Transport Managers, both with Euro cpc., from a previous employer, who deal with a lot of Continental work.
I think I will just play safe and arrange jobs with the trailer, so that I don’t need to run on Sundays, after all, I would rather be at home with the Kids anyway.
How many times do you hear drivers stories, who we all know are right, but the police over here don’t know the regs themselves and make a big fuss? At least you can understand MOST coppers over here!
Thanks again for everyones input.

A Spanish company called Catalan was sending 7.5 tonners up through France every Sunday until the crisis hit them, went on for quite a few years