A few from Derbyshire

Any pics of Yates transport (S.A.Y) Brailsford, DJ Bloor, Ashbourne?

Sam Longsons 4.JPG

Derbyshire Stone BMC Tarmac.jpg
Derbyshire Stone Albion Tarmac.JPG

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1333298225.818028.jpg
Nether water plant

does anyone know if flatman is still around :question:

Flatman is still around but now going under another name and for the life of me I can’t remember what it is,John lost all his photos about 18month ago when the site he had built up (fotopic) closed down taking everyones photos with them (mine & moomoolands included) he emailed me recently and said he hadn’t got the time and patiance to start over again,shame really because he had some cracking photos.

hi there commonrail try britishlorryphotos

thanx…will do
the reason i asked about flatman,was he probably worked with my old man

A few photos from my collection. Some on here will have seen them on another Forum under the name Dieseldog123g I did not use it on here as someone else goes under the name of Dieseldog. David Smith has also put some of my photos on his excellent Wagonpics site.

Wirksworth 23rd July 1989

Ashbourne lorry park 23rd July 1989

Bestwood Park Estate 29th May 1988

Chapel en le Frith February 1991

Biggin August 1987

Darley Dale 21st July 1990

Grangemill 21st July 1990

Longcliffe 23rd July 1989

Ashbourne 13th August 1988

Wirksworth 2oth July 1990

some nice pics there :smiley:

was you the driver of the green Tarmac Scammell? :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

shuttlespanker:
some nice pics there :smiley:

was you the driver of the green Tarmac Scammell? :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I am pleased to be able to say I was not. The lorry was there all weekend after getting stuck on the Saturday morning, It was Sunday afternoon when I took it on my way to photograph the lorries at Bestwood Fair.

Flatman 001,Nice pics, keep them coming.

Great pics Flatman001, more tippers please!

Cheers
Mark

A few more photos

I drove this lorry for M B Spares Ltd (Martyn Bosworth Transport) taken at Chrich Quarry 24th August 1999

Taken at yard at Horsley Woodhouse in August 1999

Ashbourne lorry park 13th August 1988

Taken in Sheps yard at Lydford Road Alfreton October 2000

Taken on Industrial Estate Heage Road Ripley 30th March 1990

Taken at yard Water Lane Cromford 28th June 1991

Taken in Sheps yard Lydford Road Alfreton ( Now rented by Roadworks Recovery from John after he finished in haulage and sold all the lorries) September 2008

I drove this lorry for Browns Buildes Merchants Ltd of Derby after they purchased it from John after the lorry I drove for them was stolen. taken in Johns yard at Lydford Road Alfreton in 2001. I have been parking in this yard for eight years since I started working for Browns

National Plant & Transport Ltd. South Normanton depot ( ex British Coal) 22nd August 1989

NPT bought a Foden 4400 with a Cat 440 in it from Raynor Contracting, another plant hire company, Raynor’s went bust in 1991 which was when the Foden was bought by NPT

Registration number was F966 PAY

would be fantastic if you have any pics of that, my dad used to drive it and he has got an scale model of it, even down to the Raynor Livery :smiley:

shuttlespanker:
NPT bought a Foden 4400 with a Cat 440 in it from Raynor Contracting, another plant hire company, Raynor’s went bust in 1991 which was when the Foden was bought by NPT

Registration number was F966 PAY

would be fantastic if you have any pics of that, my dad used to drive it and he has got an scale model of it, even down to the Raynor Livery :smiley:

The said vehicle, I worked for British Coal, then N P T when they took over the transport and plant from British Coal. Taken at the Cotes Park depot on 27th April 1991

Thanks for that Flatman :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

do you remember the truck when it was first aquired by NPT?

i personally think it always looked better in Raynor’s colours, unfortunately, i don’t have any pics of it in them days, but what i can do is get a pic of the scale model of it :smiley:

shuttlespanker:
Thanks for that Flatman :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

do you remember the truck when it was first aquired by NPT?

i personally think it always looked better in Raynor’s colours, unfortunately, i don’t have any pics of it in them days, but what i can do is get a pic of the scale model of it :smiley:

I never saw the lorry when it was in Raynors colours, only when it was put on the road by NPT, I can’t remember the exact date but I have a fleet list dated 22nd March 1991 and its on that list.

Fleet no : 70.04 F966 PAY registered 1st January 1989 Chassis no : 401942 Foden S106 CAT 4MG34152 ulw : 7900k
Regular driver was Terry Buttery.

It only lasted in servce with NPT until late 1993 or early 1994, my memory is not too good these days. NPT went into liquidation and there was a management buy out. The new company was called J M Transport, but sadly PAY was not operated by them and I do not know what happened to it. As far as I can remember they did not take on either of the low loaders operated by NPT.

I would like to see a picture of the model in Raynors colours.

Hi Flatman

as soon as i can get to my fathers house, i will get a picture of it and put it up.

we also have a selection of CATERPILLAR models in the same scale to go with it, but only the models of what Raynor used to have

A few more from my collection most of which were taken in the late 80’s early 90’s.

Mapperley Wharf 3rd December 1975 lorry based at South Normanton Garage Winterbank

Ilam Yard 13th August 1988

Middleton Quarry 23rd July 1989

Yard at Cotes Park Lane East Somercotes 19th February 1989

Yard at Bonsall near Cromfrd 4th September 1988

Wirksworth 20th July 1990

Darley Bridge yard, Darley Dale 21st July 1990

Hayfield near New Mills 7th May 1989

National Plant & Transport Ltd. Cotes Park Lane East Somercotes 15th May 1990

British Coal. South Normanton Garage, Winterbank 6th June 1988

Loads of memories for me in those pics, especially of the wagons from the Ashbourne/Wirksworth area where I worked from. A few of the companies are no longer trading I am afraid!

Pete.