Trainee Transport Photographer

I’m currently half way through a 24 week photography course at which point I’m hoping to become a product photographer.

Part of the course requires me to build up a portfolio of images that reflect the kind of person I am as well as show willing to get out and speak to people about photography.

Does anybody on here own or know anybody that owns a haulage firm with a nice eye-catching colourful fleet of trucks that would like some pictures taking free of charge?

All pics will be put onto DVD and posted back as early as possible.

I live in west Yorkshire so as this is free the closer to me the better.

Appreciate any help.

Thanks

Me.

ask shuttlespanker he will know whos best to ask. he also has his own trucks in nailstone. theres globby480 as well :wink:

Get hold of Mike Denny @ Peter Lynch Tankers in Sandbach (its only an hop skip & jump away down the motorway) he has a nice fleet.He is a member on here so you could PM him.Other than that just look in your local phone book for addreses near you and then call in and see them,I would imagine most would let you take some photos.Also the motorway services is a good spot to be at and you would get to speak to a few owner driver as well.

I am suprised that jonnytruckfest has not seen this thread

Are there any companies that have unusual trucks or unique paint jobs? Who’s was the big American truck parked in a field off the M6 near to Carlisle■■? Any ideas?

ROG:
I am suprised that jonnytruckfest has not seen this thread

Not been on here to see it :laughing: :laughing: I’ve been in Scarborough celebrating my results just got back tonight :slight_smile: :slight_smile: .

Where abouts in West Yorkshire are you mate?? When I wanted to get pictures for my projects I got some numbers of companies I knew (Allied Glass && Plasmor) and phoned them up asking if I could go down and get some pictures. They asked what time I was thinking of going down and confirmed it, and it can be as quick as phoning them up and you could be down taking pictures 10 minutes later :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

And what do you class as unusual?? I was certainly shocked as my mate Steve’s dad owns 3 classic Fodens, one of which is the only one in this country. I stumbled across these by accident when I was at Allied Glass on a photo shoot and his dad came in with the ‘Green bomber’ and said to go in the yard and get some pics and I was certainly shocked when he opened the doors to find 3 classics!!! :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: But the smile on my face was massive because I could do an idea I had but thought wouldn’t be possible :smiley: :smiley:

But the best bet mate, is get around the local companies in the late afternoon (3-5pm) asking if you can get pictures although I don’t think all companies would take kindly to you just turning up so phoning them maybe a good idea to ask first and be sure to tell them what you are doing because you’ll be surprised at how interested some companies get!! The transport manager at Plasmor was certainly interested in my work as he invited me back when I got my results to let him know how I got on, I went down on Tuesday and had a 20 minute chat with him telling him what I did, and the projects I have done. He’s invited me back to go down in October when I get my work back as he’s interested in seeing what I’ve done also any time I need pictures I’m to just let him know and to bob down. (also helps that the yard of Plasmor is literally up the road from where I live :laughing: :laughing: ) Also he’s letting the drivers know if they want any pictures of their trucks they know where to come :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

Think of all the transport companies in West Yorkshire that you can get too, and get the contact details of the companies. Give them a call, tell them what you are doing and whether it’s okay if you can get some pictures of the trucks. Because trust me, I’ve already had my work paid back as many can tell you. I also suggest, if you contact Allied Glass do not expect to sell any pictures. I tried it, they asked me for pictures I got the pictures to be told they didn’t want them meaning 4 hours of my time was wasted. ■■■■■■ off wasn’t the word of how I felt. :imp: :imp:

And it would be good to see some of your work when it’s done!! Let us know how you get on :smiley: :smiley: If your near Knottingley I could ask my mate Steve if you want to go down and get some pictures and see if it’s alright with him :question: :question:

Send a PM if you need anymore info.

Cheers

Jonny :sunglasses: