Trucking documentary

just come across a documentary about an o/d in the mid eighties on youtube cracking watch. i dont know how to do all that linking stuff, but if you type in. on yer bike early trucking documentary, it will come up… enjoy.

youtube.com/watch?v=fEpZIxh7les Here you go :sunglasses:

thank you 440 :slight_smile:

m.a.n rules:
just come across a documentary about an o/d in the mid eighties on youtube cracking watch. i dont know how to do all that linking stuff, but if you type in. on yer bike early trucking documentary, it will come up… enjoy.

I enjoyed watching that,thanks for sticking it on.
Cheers Dave.

how fantastic was that? memories are made of this! not been to Rheinböllen for ages, thanks for posting

Good find that MAN Rules. :smiley:
Does seem that some things haven’t changed though, he was complaining about the lack of facilities for truck drivers in the UK. :frowning:

Really enjoyed that thankyou!

Great watch that, really enjoyed it. :smiley:

Couldn’t believe they sent him all the way to Basiano in Italy for a re-load cos they had nothing in Germany for him. :grimacing:

Nice find - thanks for posting! Was that the one sponsored by Eberspacher? They got a plug in it anyway :slight_smile:

Cracking stuff

Without a highly dangerous blind side manoeuvre as well

perhaps certain other “documentry” makers should take note and learn from their predecessors :wink:

jj72:
Nice find - thanks for posting! Was that the one sponsored by Eberspacher? They got a plug in it anyway :slight_smile:

Dunno we didnt too to bad, with Motor Transport and Commercial Motor getting a look in… although I think the editor will probably be rethinking is thoughts that the UK hauliers would be the ones to benefit most from open borders :wink: :wink:

muckles:
Good find that MAN Rules. :smiley:
Does seem that some things haven’t changed though

Indeed not, apart from a newer booking in office, North Sea Ferries Terminal hasn’t changed much and nor has the
Norsun, now called the Pride of Bruges.
The biggest improvement is the demise of T forms, which in my very short career before the borders
came down, three trips , must have cost me at least two days and my employer several hundred pounds.
Excellent watch, many thanks.

Regards,
Nick.

I have this documentary on VHS…i also have Spagetti no junction about the 3 drivers who drive for ARGS and who go on a trip to Italy.

Enjoyed that, thanks for the link :slight_smile:

i wonder if the site owners would allow a section on these here forum for all the trucking fims to be saved and viewed at leisure :wink:

it may be worth a thought :smiley:

bowser:
i wonder if the site owners would allow a section on these here forum for all the trucking fims to be saved and viewed at leisure :wink:

it may be worth a thought

That would be a good idea, somewhere you could post a link to a film/documentary.

Does anyone remember a documentary of a lad with a Davies Turner trailer and I think possibly a Transcon. I was only a kid and I can’t remember what truck or where he was going :blush: . Tried to find it but no success

I really wanted to watch that, but that geezer’s accent puts my teeth on edge. Where’s it from? :cry:

Happydaze:
I really wanted to watch that, but that geezer’s accent puts my teeth on edge. Where’s it from? :cry:

Ha, Stokie accent - I love it personally, best in the country (and no, I’m from Yorkshire!)

The Davies Turner one was some complete tool from Bristol doing ‘Instanbul’ in a 95, think it was only ever on TV but someone else might know better

The Davies Turner one was some complete tool from Bristol doing ‘Instanbul’ in a 95, think it was only ever on TV but someone else might know better
[/quote]
Yes I remember that around the mid nineties and he did come across as a bit of a tool!!

“Alan borrowed a car phone…”

Love it.