AJA Smith Clitheroe

Are Smiths still in business ? , did have a smart fleet of ERFs / MANs any information and photos would be welcome .

They are still running but as far as I know they no longer run tankers, only tippers.

were they called the Cross and Blackwell squadron on the cb in the old days ?
because of the colours on the baked bean tins ?

ahhh !

that takes me back… good old tony smith…

worked for them in 95, it was tony who gave me the nickname “2 scoops !”, which with him calling it me, everybody followed suit, and that [zb] stuck till i left the area… :smiley:

good memories though…appy dayz…

Long shot I know, but has anyone got any pics of any of the ‘A’ regd 6x4 Foden tractors Smiths ran in the '80’s ?

Not a Foden - ERF EC14. Photo taken at Leyland a few years ago.
(I think that Corgi made a model of this particular truck).

n45 was guesty44 truck i was there 93/96

the corgi toy is n65 wne :grimacing:

twisterboy:
ahhh !

worked for them in 95, it was tony who gave me the nickname “2 scoops !”, which with him calling it me, everybody followed suit, and that [zb] stuck till i left the area… :smiley:

XS must have been there then? peter perfect, simmy

SEND IT ON :grimacing: :grimacing: tony was the best boss ive had in any job

wigginswarrior:
Long shot I know, but has anyone got any pics of any of the ‘A’ regd 6x4 Foden tractors Smiths ran in the '80’s ?

freddy guest will have im sure

Trukkertone:

yes to cross and blackwell but never knew 100% why and on channel 6

burnley-si:

Trukkertone:

yes and on channel 6

Wrong the name cross and blackwell came from the old storage warehouse C/Blackwell
that Smiffie bought. Yes I have got pic of the old 4x4 foden in the loft somewere.
with thousands of others.If i get time.The corgi model is a none sleeper. :smiley: :smiley:
GUESTY44

Guesty44:

burnley-si:

Trukkertone:

yes (to cross and blackwell but never knew 100% why)and on channel 6

Wrong the name cross and blackwell came from the old storage warehouse C/Blackwell
that Smiffie bought. Yes I have got pic of the old 4x4 foden in the loft somewere.
with thousands of others.If i get time.The corgi model is a none sleeper. :smiley: :smiley:
GUESTY44

burnley-si:

Guesty44:

burnley-si:

Trukkertone:

e I mean 6x4 blame me age :question: :question: :question: :question: :question: :question: :question:
yes (to cross and blackwell but never knew 100% why)and on channel 6

GUESTY44

They are in Shadsworth ind est Blackburn now.

Cheers Welly

burnley-si:

twisterboy:
ahhh !

Xs :laughing: :laughing: aka Russ brown is on for care foots at long ridge what a legend :smiley:

Simmy has his own wagon on for Tarmac :slight_smile: Remember RUNNING, with him one Saturday morning to Ketton then back to Rammy with sand out of Langford,going down Windy Hill in Overdrive touching 90+ :open_mouth: Remember Captain Sparkle, and Haggy RIP and that dirty bigger who lived in that little caravan in the yard??

largebloke1969:

burnley-si:

twisterboy:
ahhh !

Xs :laughing: :laughing: aka Russ brown is on for care foots at long ridge what a legend :smiley:

had some good nights out with him :laughing: :laughing:

tarmactipper:
Simmy has his own wagon on for Tarmac :slight_smile: Remember RUNNING, with him one Saturday morning to Ketton then back to Rammy with sand out of Langford,going down Windy Hill in Overdrive touching 90+ :open_mouth: Remember Captain Sparkle, and Haggy RIP and that dirty bigger who lived in that little caravan in the yard??

4 side by side coming down windy hill :grimacing: :laughing: :laughing:

wigginswarrior:

There you go. will try and find some more for when i get time.

They were forever shearing engine mounting bolts.Scotty… whacko Jacko…Turky (Big Bird)…Guesty.Passed down from Olly who went on to Lance Biscombe,…For better day’s
GUESTY44.