A J A Smith Clitheroe

Is this company still in business , any information would be welcome .

There was plenty of life in their yard the other day when I drove past. Lots of wagons and trailers moving around. Dunno if that was from the Garage side or the Haulage side though. :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

You mean AJS Bulk Haulage, Antonys running it now! Been past this morning all the wagons out. :smiley:

Is that the red and black motors that used to be called Crosse and Blackwell squadron on the CB ■■?

Thats the squadron ! They had a reputation for going like bats out of Hell years ago. :smiling_imp: The A 682 and A 65 were a nightmare as that lot didnt show any respect or care for other road users. :open_mouth:
At least the C.B. warned others to get out of their way. :unamused: I think the names Cream Bun and Muttley were
two of them , but perhaps others will remember.

Cheers, cattle wagon man.

They cut the fleet back quite a bit from what i can remember, they also employed a few poles so you’d not hear or understand em ont c.b nowadays :laughing:

Yeah still going. Although the one sat up on Sparrowpit the other night with their shagged out ■■■■ poorly lit wrecker wasn’t going very far :grimacing:

cattle wagon man:
Thats the squadron ! They had a reputation for going like bats out of Hell years ago. :smiling_imp: The A 682 and A 65 were a nightmare as that lot didnt show any respect or care for other road users. :open_mouth:
At least the C.B. warned others to get out of their way. :unamused: I think the names Cream Bun and Muttley were
two of them , but perhaps others will remember.

Cheers, cattle wagon man.

ha,ha,ha… them were the days when you got paid on percentage of truck !

i think guy martins saying would have been apt in the mid nineties… “go big, or go home !” :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

i was “2 scoops” as old tony smith named me… :unamused: