Traffic & road lay out pics

Iandawn6544’s “overtaking” ban thread (to be) got me doing a Google search to try & turn up more info on it. Didn’t find it (in limited time) but did find these pics:

speedcam.co.uk/misc.htm

…and knowing how much you all like looking at piccies :wink:

with thanks to the originator. I am not reproducing them, merely pointing you to them.

He loses me on one when he talks about a dual carriageway going all the way upto the end of the central reservation, but it appears to be a single carriageway on approach to the RAB. Anybody else get it?

Rgds, Jonathan.

Huh?

Don’t get that at all…

As for suicide lanes (3 lane carriageways), the name implies everything, should all be removed.

John

He means that the section of dual carriageway coming off the roundabout is two lanes wide all the way until the end of the central reservation. On most dual carriageways, the two lanes are squeezed into one by hatched areas 100m or so before the end of the carriageway - this is so the [zb] idiots who try to overtake the most vehicles possible and end up overrunning can overrun into the hatched area, rather than finding that their overrun area is actually the RH lane of oncoming traffic.

And as for the opinions asserted on the website, if people didn’t drive like complete [zb]s, there’d be no need for most of the measures…

I thought it meant 3 lane carriageway with traffic meeting head on in the middle, like the good old days :stuck_out_tongue:

TRUCK GOING THIS WAY >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

CRASH HAPPENS HERE. CARS GOING IN OPPOSITE DIIRECTIONS

TRUCK GOING THIS WAY <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Those ‘Foggy’ pics. If I remember correctly, fog-lamps are for use in low visibility conditions. Low visibility used to be defined as less than 100yds. As the lamp posts are over 100yds apart and you can see 3 lamp post (and some), no fog lights should be on at all.

Rear fog lamps should only be used in FOG :exclamation:
Some fools define poor visibility as heavy rain, this makes people think brake lights are on and particularly dazzling at night.
An old mate of mine was stopped near Scratchwood services one night for having his real fog lamps on when there was no fog, He got a 140 quid fine :open_mouth:
If ever you see rear fog lamps here, you can bet your life they are fitted to a European or Asian car :exclamation: American car makers don’t fit them :exclamation:

Pat Hasler:
Rear fog lamps should only be used in FOG :exclamation:
Some fools define poor visibility as heavy rain, this makes people think brake lights are on and particularly dazzling at night.

I agree Pat, the law regarding the use of rear fogs also includes the fact lights must not dazzle other motorists and the rainwater just adds to the dazzling effect so do nothing to improve the situation.

what i find interesting is the second pic shows the amber lights flashing on the gantry how is that done

neil46:
what i find interesting is the second pic shows the amber lights flashing on the gantry how is that done

They work off electric. :open_mouth: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

I saw that and thought the same. Can only think that it is a short video sequence of stationary traffic.

I dunno how they do that :cry: :wink:

i do hate cocky directors :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

neil46:
i do hate cocky directors :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

It is quite easy to do :open_mouth: :wink:
Rather than take this thread of topic… :bulb: if you want me to run through how to do , it post a question on the subject in the computer forum :exclamation: