“Scumbag lorry drivers” - how some on other forums view us

Found this whilst browsing earlier, some interesting- if not surprising- views, to be fair I think the OP has been taken to task by a few members there but thought some people here might be interested in seeing this…

rubberduck, post: 31791228, member: 20739:
Why do they see the need to overtake another lorry on a 4 lane dual carriageway road when they are going about 0.1 miles per hour faster than the lorry in front resulting in an overtake that takes multiple minutes■■? This results in a massive build up of vehicles behind and generally slows the flow of traffic down substantially. Also, if you leave reasonable braking distance to the car it results in having to be ultra vigilant when passing lorries as you can be sure one of them scumbags will pull out in front of you to attempt a pointless overtake…

Bunch of absolute scumbags… I hate every last one of them to the core.

forums.overclockers.co.uk/threa … .18819164/

So he hates lorry drivers yet his user name is rubberduck :grimacing:

4 lane dual carriageway :laughing: ,Sounds like a very intelligent person.

Just one persons view, we all have pet hates at one time or another, just let it go over your head and ignore…but i must agree that being behind idiots as described, does my head in as well, and no need whatsoever., this usually happens on a single carriageway 4 lanes wide. :smiley: :smiley:

I wonder if that car drivers hates truck drivers more than I hate car drivers?

xichrisxi:

What’s the problem?

DJC:

xichrisxi:

What’s the problem?

4 = 4
Dual = 2
4 lane dual carriageway = :question:

xichrisxi:

DJC:

xichrisxi:
4 lane dual carriageway [emoji38] ,Sounds like a very intelligent person.

What’s the problem?

4 = 4
Dual = 2

Dual (i.e Two) describes the number of carriageways. Four describes the total number of lanes (two in each direction). Seems pretty straightforward to me.

Sent from my Hudl 2 using Tapatalk

Arthurhucksake:
Found this whilst browsing earlier, some interesting- if not surprising- views, to be fair I think the OP has been taken to task by a few members there but thought some people here might be interested in seeing this…

rubberduck, post: 31791228, member: 20739:
Why do they see the need to overtake another lorry on a 4 lane dual carriageway road when they are going about 0.1 miles per hour faster than the lorry in front resulting in an overtake that takes multiple minutes■■? This results in a massive build up of vehicles behind and generally slows the flow of traffic down substantially. Also, if you leave reasonable braking distance to the car it results in having to be ultra vigilant when passing lorries as you can be sure one of them scumbags will pull out in front of you to attempt a pointless overtake…

Bunch of absolute scumbags… I hate every last one of them to the core.

forums.overclockers.co.uk/threa … .18819164/

Why is it “a surprising view”? Only your stereotypical neanderthal trucker would disagree with what he says because he’s absolutely right. Until truckers grow the ■■■■ up and lose their pathetic small ■■■■■ syndrome when being overtaken by a faster truck and instead knock the CC off for 10 seconds so they don’t cause a 10 mile rolling road block then the general public’s opinion will never change. And don’t give me any of that twaddle about “if I knocked the CC off every time a truck overtook me I’d run out of hours and have my baken bean delivery refused at Tesco Thurrock for being 3 hours late” because it’s exactly that : a load of twaddle.

truckyboy:
Just one persons view, we all have pet hates at one time or another, just let it go over your head and ignore…but i must agree that being behind idiots as described, does my head in as well, and no need whatsoever., this usually happens on a single carriageway 4 lanes wide. :smiley: :smiley:

Same here, i dont give a f[zb]k what anyone else does on the roads, just ignore and do your own thing, its not worth raising your BP over it.
Re elephant racing, a blast on the 150db Kleinn train horn and a clap (or standing ovation)when you finally get past them after the antics is usually enough for a good reaction… :grimacing:

xichrisxi:

DJC:

xichrisxi:

What’s the problem?

4 = 4
Dual = 2

Oh dear… Dual doesn’t mean lanes, you can have a 10 lane dual carriageway if you wanted.

DJC:

xichrisxi:

DJC:

xichrisxi:

What’s the problem?

4 = 4
Dual = 2

Oh dear… Dual doesn’t mean lanes, you can have a 10 lane dual carriageway if you wanted.

I think the clue is in the word dual =2 or a gun fight

xichrisxi:

Put your size 10 right in there, maybe he has more intelligence than you? lol.

Dunno why anyone cares what others think. Life is too short to worry what the average moron thinks. And let’s face it, most people are morons

DJC:

xichrisxi:

DJC:

xichrisxi:

What’s the problem?

4 = 4
Dual = 2

Yes this is often misunderstood. As I understand it, you can have a dual carriageway with 3 lanes on the northbound and 4 on the southbound.
Northbound carriageway + Southbound carriageway = dual carriageway.

switchlogic:
Dunno why anyone cares what others think. Life is too short to worry what the average moron thinks. And let’s face it, most people are morons

This!

xichrisxi:

DJC:

xichrisxi:

What’s the problem?

4 = 4
Dual = 2

Never used a single lane dual carriageway obviously [emoji23]

Ah OCUK. Still a hive of villainy and over inflated egos.

malcolmgbell:

DJC:

xichrisxi:

DJC:

xichrisxi:

What’s the problem?

4 = 4
Dual = 2

I think the clue is in the word dual =2 or a gun fight

You will need a shovel soon or is it a spade to dig yourself out?
Dual means two carriageways
Duel means shooting each other in the feet. [emoji23]

Wheel Nut:

One of my regular short-cuts is that one Wheelnut. Fantastic scenery if a bit interesting in winter. Ever done the one through Trecastle, turn right at the pub?