“Scumbag lorry drivers” - how some on other forums view us

If somone is trying overtake me I ease off let them past. Not the end of the world. And lost what 5 secs. Maybe.
They should teach you this on your lessons… makes life easier for car drivers. And other truckers. And would lead to less traffic jams .
I hate it when im.trying an over take get level with his cab then he ease ahead than falls back etc…i think ffs man ease off let me in .

According to one idiot, here’s the solution:

The solution is simple:

Unless with exemption, no HGVs on dual carriage way or motorways between 7am and 9am and 4pm and 6pm
All other times, or as above with exemption, no overtaking on said roads.

I shake my head in despair sometimes, I really do.

switchlogic:
Dunno why anyone cares what others think. Life is too short to worry what the average moron thinks. And let’s face it, most people are morons

To be fair, years ago, lorry drivers used to be the best drivers on the road and peoples opinion reflected this. In recent years peoples opinion has changed, nowadays the majority of lorry drivers on the road are indeed amongst the worst. You cannot assume that this is the opinion of a moron. I am a lorry driver myself and would agree with public opinion.

My stock answer to pub bores who trot out this stuff is:

1. The drivers don’t like the speed-limiter either so write to your MP and get it changed
  2. The Germans, who invented the damned thing, decided it was too dangerous in modern traffic and tried to get it rescinded but the EU refused

That always does the trick!
:wink:

As for limiting some lanes on dual carriageways and motorways: it has always worked in Germany. And times have changed. 30 years ago driving an artic London-bound on the 2-laned M2 meant fist-fulls of gears at 70 mph on the flat and 13 mph on the hills. Nowadays the lorries are speed-limited, powerful uphill-downhill machines that can really iron out the hills so it wouldn’t really be much of a problem to stick 'em in the inside lane as far as Rochester.

Robert

ezydriver:

The solution is simple:

Unless with exemption, no HGVs on dual carriage way or motorways between 7am and 9am and 4pm and 6pm

I don`t see any problem?
And to take account of noise pollution at night and the need for commuters to travel at lunchtime the bans should actually be extended. So trucks can only run between 09-00 to 11-45, and 14-00 to 16-45.
Sounds good to me. :smiley:

ERF-NGC-European:

1. The drivers don’t like the speed-limiter either so write to your MP and get it changed
  2. The Germans, who invented the damned thing, decided it was too dangerous in modern traffic and tried to get it rescinded but the EU refused

As for limiting some lanes on dual carriageways and motorways: it has always worked in Germany. And times have changed. 30 years ago driving an artic London-bound on the 2-laned M2 meant fist-fulls of gears at 70 mph on the flat and 13 mph on the hills. Nowadays the lorries are speed-limited, powerful uphill-downhill machines that can really iron out the hills so it wouldn’t really be much of a problem to stick 'em in the inside lane as far as Rochester.

Robert

Can I remind you of F Troop

harrawaffa:

switchlogic:
Dunno why anyone cares what others think. Life is too short to worry what the average moron thinks. And let’s face it, most people are morons

This!

Me too

Rob K:

Arthurhucksake:
Found this whilst browsing earlier, some interesting- if not surprising- views, to be fair I think the OP has been taken to task by a few members there but thought some people here might be interested in seeing this…

rubberduck, post: 31791228, member: 20739:
Why do they see the need to overtake another lorry on a 4 lane dual carriageway road when they are going about 0.1 miles per hour faster than the lorry in front resulting in an overtake that takes multiple minutes■■? This results in a massive build up of vehicles behind and generally slows the flow of traffic down substantially. Also, if you leave reasonable braking distance to the car it results in having to be ultra vigilant when passing lorries as you can be sure one of them scumbags will pull out in front of you to attempt a pointless overtake…

Bunch of absolute scumbags… I hate every last one of them to the core.

forums.overclockers.co.uk/threa … .18819164/

Why is it “a surprising view”? Only your stereotypical neanderthal trucker would disagree with what he says because he’s absolutely right. Until truckers grow the [zb] up and lose their pathetic small ■■■■■ syndrome when being overtaken by a faster truck and instead knock the CC off for 10 seconds so they don’t cause a 10 mile rolling road block then the general public’s opinion will never change. And don’t give me any of that twaddle about “if I knocked the CC off every time a truck overtook me I’d run out of hours and have my baken bean delivery refused at Tesco Thurrock for being 3 hours late” because it’s exactly that : a load of twaddle.

Don’t believe this :open_mouth:

But I find myself agreeing with RobK again. :neutral_face: :smiley:

Most pathetic thing is ‘Truck make snobbery’’ the…
‘‘I aint letting a Daf/Merc/Iveco/MAN overtake my (crappy tat bling laden) Scania’’, type ■■■■■■■■.
Quite right …Grow the ■■■■ up. :unamused:

Wheel Nut:

ERF-NGC-European:

Robert

Can I remind you of F Troop

Ah yes! There’s a fly in the ointment there. Robert

Same here, i dont give a f[zb]k what anyone else does on the roads, just ignore and do your own thing, its not worth raising your BP over it.
Re elephant racing, a blast on the 150db Kleinn train horn and a clap (or standing ovation)when you finally get past them after the antics is usually enough for a good reaction… :grimacing:
[/quote]
Was that you trying to overtake me on the M25 then I slowed down and flashed you in.
I thought you were waving to say Thanks :smiley:

Franglais:

ezydriver:

The solution is simple:

I don`t see any problem?
And to take account of noise pollution at night and the need for commuters to travel at lunchtime the bans should actually be extended. So trucks can only run between 09-00 to 11-45, and 14-00 to 16-45.
Sounds good to me. [emoji1]

Why not just ban cars instead then we can do all the overtaking for as long as we want and they won’t be there to get knickers in a twist [emoji6]

Mind you he did get loads of stick for his crap post

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think that some folk lose sight of what the original concept of motorways and trunk routes was; "the fast an efficient movement and distribution of freight during peace and wartimes ", perhaps they should be grateful that they are even allowed to use “our” roads at all. :wink:

UKtramp:

switchlogic:

To be fair, years ago, lorry drivers used to be the best drivers on the road and peoples opinion reflected this. In recent years peoples opinion has changed, nowadays the majority of lorry drivers on the road are indeed amongst the worst. You cannot assume that this is the opinion of a moron. I am a lorry driver myself and would agree with public opinion.

1. I don’t think that’s true, lorry drivers have airways been looked down on and 2. I can assume it’s the opinion of a moron since I think a majority of people are idiots. So stick that in your pipe and smoke it

the maoster:
I think that some folk lose sight of what the original concept of motorways and trunk routes was; "the fast an efficient movement and distribution of freight during peace and wartimes ", perhaps they should be grateful that they are even allowed to use “our” roads at all. :wink:

Without the travelling salesman or sales representatives who sell the goods to the shopkeepers and also use the roads, you would have nothing to deliver on your smelly polluting juggernaut. [emoji12]

switchlogic:

Just think how unbelievably stupid the average moron is then remember half of the clowns around are stupider than that.

switchlogic:

Most people are

a) Stupid
b) noisy

And that’s about as good as it gets.

Someone posted the other day about imagining that the person driving slowly or doing something daft in front of you was someone you knew, like your mother, or uncle or daughter, and how forgiving you’d be if it was them making the indiscretion…

That hit home with me and the next time I haven’t got a complete mouth breathing [zb]wit in front of me driving with his Kelloggs issue driving licence I’ll try to remember and apply that.

They should ban trucks from using lane 3 on a 4 lane motorway there is really no need to be out there when everyones undertaking you in lane 1 your in the wrong lane just being a total roadblock. (Insert word ):evil:
Example:- M25 if I’m in lane 1 undertaking you because your out in lane 3 blocking everyone your in the wrong and in wrong lane :imp:
Not me for undertaking put please don’t stop it makes my Journey easier in lane 1 because your causing a 10 mile tailback.

Jack-knife:
They should ban trucks from using lane 3 on a 4 lane motorway there is really no need to be out there when everyones undertaking you in lane 1 your in the wrong lane just being a total roadblock. (Insert word ):evil:
Example:- M25 if I’m in lane 1 undertaking you because your out in lane 3 blocking everyone your in the wrong and in wrong lane :imp:
Not me for undertaking put please don’t stop it makes my Journey easier in lane 1 because your causing a 10 mile tailback.

Or I’ll just use lane 4 because Sainsburys, Maritime and Stobrats are taking up the other 3.

I do that to pass them all and return to lane 1 quite satisfying obviously when no ones looking. :smiley:
If they were all behaving as they should be no dramas
Someone mentioned early small ■■■■■ syndrome