Asylum Seeker!

Have you heard about the naval truck that came from France with a top secret missile on board and a stow away asylum seeker. He was only spotted when he jumped out when the truck stopped in the base. Military police spotted and caught him. Question was just wondering if the driver and the navy will be fined!!?. Somehow i don’t think so.

tortoise:
Question was just wondering if the driver and the navy will be fined!!?. Somehow i don’t think so.

Not once they were through the port of entry they won’t be fined. I have ended up in our yard with one in the side locker of the trailer and another couple of the ODs at our place have had the same along with several foreign trucks delivering into our place. No fines were levied because who is to say where they got into the vehicle, it could have been in this country, so they have no way of proving the stowaway was in the vehicle when it entered the country.

True. I am not up on the checks at ports. But was this vehicle checked on leaving France or because it was a military vehicle was it just passed through without any.

No idea but then again even if it was checked it doesn’t mean the stowaway would be detected, the checks in Calais for instance are next to useless and shouldn’t be relied on.

I understand that they got through the post plus TWO military checks as well !!! :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

JayHoe:
I understand that they got through the post plus TWO military checks as well !!! :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

He must have been trained by Bin Laden

One of our lads brought 4 over on Monday :stuck_out_tongue: They either got in the trailer in Cherbourg in the port or they lived in the trailer from Thursday when he loaded it and dropped it off. he had done a Co2 check, let the stupid dog have a sniff round and even the monkey had looked in it.

Poole customs were happy with his explanation and the paperwork we use as a checklist though

The same thing has happened at RAF Mildenhall and Lakenheath. However they were not military trucks so they go to a search bay, before being allowed onto the base, but military vehicles are normally waived through provided the Drivers have the correct ID, but then again the bases are full of armed USAF Police and security forces, who have a reputation for shooting first and asking questions later.

P.S. the guy who were found at Mildenhall were Iraqi’s. I felt a bit sorry for them, they leave a country full of US Troops with M16’s and the first thing they see is US troops with M16’s. Must of thought they had been driven round Iraq for a couple of weeks. :laughing:

muckles:
P.S. the guy who were found at Mildenhall were Iraqi’s. I felt a bit sorry for them, they leave a country full of US Troops with M16’s and the first thing they see is US troops with M16’s. Must of thought they had been driven round Iraq for a couple of weeks. :laughing:

Never told me that story before Muckles, not going to tell about the 4 imigrants who hopped out the back of a truck fortnight ago at Nagels in Dover, oopps dont think i’m MI5 material just yet :laughing:

eddie snax:

muckles:

Never told me that story before Muckles, not going to tell about the 4 imigrants who hopped out the back of a truck fortnight ago at Nagels in Dover, oopps dont think i’m MI5 material just yet :laughing:

Couldn’t say to much at the time, official secrets you know. The information was limited to me the US Air Force, those people who live in the area and readers of the EADT, EDP, Marauder mag, and Liberty wing mag. So closely guarded secret really. :smiley: :wink: