DR10

Do you think I’m wasting my time trying to find a driving job when I have a DR10 on my licence?

Do you think it’s best just to wait till it’s off my licence which will be in four years time?

What are your thoughts?

Depends how much you enjoy climbing mountains…

You will find it very difficult but not impossible.

Sorry but,
DR10 is drink/drive.
It is VALID for 10 years, not 4 years.
It will be on your licence for 11 years

I here Nolans are looking for drivers…

Sent using Tapatalk

Harry Monk:
You will find it very difficult but not impossible.

Can’t imagine any companies wanting that on their insurance policy.

Bulla:
Do you think I’m wasting my time trying to find a driving job when I have a DR10 on my licence?

Do you think it’s best just to wait till it’s off my licence which will be in four years time?

What are your thoughts?

A pavaroti tip. BEFORE handing in your license to get points put on, report to dvla a lost license, getting a duplicate and then keeping your clean license for that all important interview. :wink:

As for having been daft enough to hand in your licence already. Well it would’nt stop me from working. Here in Glasgow as in most major citys theres still a few old school hauliers that would employ you if you were worth employing. I would also be looking at tipper firms maybe casual work with small hauliers just to top the giro till license clean or fulltime job. :slight_smile:

SWEDISH BLUE:
Sorry but,
DR10 is drink/drive.

I think he means he has 4 years to go, he has done 7 already.

SWEDISH BLUE:
Sorry but,
DR10 is drink/drive.

this is true, but the OP doesn’t state how long they have been on there, they could have been there for 6 or 7 years already :wink:

i have had a dr 30 on my licence and have got jobs but you are probably better off trying small firms as most big firms just automatically reject you. On my current employers insurance the premium was the same i just had to agree to pay the extra excess which was a couple of hundred quid if i had an accident.
And it is only disclosable for insurance purposes for five years it stays there for eleven years if you are caught again and you get a more severe ban.

yeah, i have 4 years left, done 7 years already.

I only passed my class 2 a couple of months ago so a new driver with a DR10 has no hope right?

You can only ask mate everyone has to start somewhere. What area you in?

Bulla:

What are your thoughts?

Correct me if I’m wrong but I believe your a new and as yet inexperienced driver, in which case to get work with any reputable haulage company or even an agency with a DR10 on your license is going to be nigh on impossible I would have thought.

Having said that, just how high a hurdle you have to jump depends to some extent on the age of the offence, I assume the offence is 7 years old so it’s probably not going to be impossible to find a sympathetic employer, still going to be difficult though.

I wish you luck anyway :wink:

Good luck with that.

i actually found a good job but when they saw the dr10 they wouldn’t take me on!

oh well, i’ll just have to wait 4 years then.

at least iv got my licence now.

This place can’t get drivers - apparently.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=76783

Good luck :slight_smile:

pavaroti:

Bulla:

What are your thoughts?

A pavaroti tip. BEFORE handing in your license to get points put on, report to dvla a lost license, getting a duplicate and then keeping your clean license for that all important interview. :wink:

As for having been daft enough to hand in your licence already. Well it would’nt stop me from working. Here in Glasgow as in most major citys theres still a few old school hauliers that would employ you if you were worth employing. I would also be looking at tipper firms maybe casual work with small hauliers just to top the giro till license clean or fulltime job. :slight_smile:

A lot of companies (especially agencies) now phone the DVLA to check out your licence so that wouldn’t work mate.

I am pretty sure that it is classed as ‘spent’ after 5 years though?!

I also have the same from 2005 and it hasnt stopped me working, I do mostly ADR work too.

pavaroti:

A tip for pavaroti… with that sort of casual attitude to the law I suggest you find yourself another line of work, HGV drivers have a bad enough name without cowboys like you dirtying it further. :imp:

In my former life as a recruitment consultant I had a few wasters try that one. Not only did they not pass the interview, their names were passed on to every other reputable agency in the area in case they tried it on elsewhere.

DR10, and several other offences in the same category, stay on your licence for eleven years. The chances of anyone setting you on with that sort of conviction lie almost entirely in the hands of the insurance company. Where agencies are concerned, they have to disclose the conviction to a client which naturally limits the number of jobs they can send you to, but it’s not by any means a definite no; I’m not quite sure how the law stands as regards refusing you outright, all the ones I’ve worked for, admittedly some years ago, would register a driver with a DR10 but would tell him straight what the chances were. A lot would also depend on the driver’s previous experience and ability.

To the OP; I’m assuming you’ve already “served” 6 years of your sentence if I’m reading your post correctly. I’d suggest you knock on doors rather than send a CV round; that first personal impression may go a long way towards overcoming any reluctance an employer may have, and could get you a foot in the door. Good luck, and keep trying; I made the same mistake twenty years ago and although it isn’t easy to get back in it isn’t impossible either.

brados:
This place can’t get drivers - apparently.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=76783

Good luck :slight_smile:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: