Nights out Trafford park

If anyone has to park up overnight in Trafford park, why not try the village inn.
It’s on 3rd ave, just off westingouse rd, they have a shower , home cooked food, nice pint, and plenty of room near by to park up.

cheers for that mate it will be helpfull :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

and within 200 yards a fine establishment you can get a massage :blush:

The parking’s ok, cameras everywhere, but the grub could be better, home cooking stretches the truth a bit. Frozen chips for a start, and only one shower.

kevmac47:
The parking’s ok, cameras everywhere, but the grub could be better, home cooking stretches the truth a bit. Frozen chips for a start, and only one shower.

if it says “home cooked food” then i can guarantee that its come out the freezer.
but if it says “home made food” then its made and cooked on site.
there is a difference.

kevmac47:

At least theyve got a shower, do you expect a row of six or seven showers you can choose from, or perhaps a bathroom to have a nice long soak.

Nowhere else around Trafford Park, certainly better than the grub at Lymm

toowise:

kevmac47:

At least theyve got a shower, do you expect a row of six or seven showers you can choose from, or perhaps a bathroom to have a nice long soak.

Nowhere else around Trafford Park, certainly better than the grub at Lymm

ha,ha, not hard to beat the “food” at lymm :smiley:
this place at trafford park, is it the big old pub, on the square?
used to use a place like this years ago, thought it was good, but heard it had shut?

Its a bit further up than that chilis towards the other end of 3rd ave.

Also a very good and cheap sandwich shop in 3rd ave , not sure if its open at night though.

cheers, always handy to know for next time we are doing a gig in manchester, gotta be better than where we park at mo.

whereabouts you park now chilis■■?

in a yard about 3 mile north of the gig we load at, but there is nothing there for food, toilet and shower, (just) but it wouldn’t be my 1st choice.

It is handy enough, 2 cash points and a post office, if you are there around lunchtime you can get your hair cut and good fish and chips. If you are weekended, there is a regular bus to ASDA.

We did have a choice with the Trafford Park Hotel and the Village Inn. I walked one night into Madchester, it ■■■■■■ down so I ended up in a Travelodge on Saturday night.

chilistrucker:
in a yard about 3 mile north of the gig we load at, but there is nothing there for food, toilet and shower, (just) but it wouldn’t be my 1st choice.

Hatfields? Its a hole Hole round there, nowt really within walking distance either.

B1 GGK:

chilistrucker:

Hatfields? Its a hole Hole round there, nowt really within walking distance either.

:wink:

wheel nut, i think the trafford park hotel may have been the big old pub i was thinking of.
was using it, i think, prob late 90’s maybe from memory.

chilistrucker:

B1 GGK:

chilistrucker:

:wink:

wheel nut, i think the trafford park hotel may have been the big old pub i was thinking of.
was using it, i think, prob late 90’s maybe from memory.

that is the one, its an impressive old 3 storey building, but I think it may be closed now.

Village Way

Some rite kn#b heads on here, the point I was making was, foods good, u can get washed, and it’s safe.
The di@k that was banging on about it not being “home cooking” is a ■■■.

It doesn’t matter what subject you broach on here it must always end with an argument- its in the small print.

I remember Trafford truck stop back in the eighties what an awfull place that was, very popular with Turkish drivers. I had one hoe banging on me cab at midnight once ffs. :confused:

bald bloke:
I remember Trafford truck stop back in the eighties what an awfull place that was, very popular with Turkish drivers. I had one hoe banging on me cab at midnight once ffs. :confused:

If thats the one next to the ship canal, known recently as Diggles Diner thats also shut down, land has been bought by ITV to build a new studio complex and Coronation St. set.

They’ll be complaining about the noise from trucks driving past when its built no doubt.
FFS if you want quiet dont build on or near an industrial estate…common sense really

Thereal-john:
Some rite kn#b heads on here, the point I was making was, foods good, u can get washed, and it’s safe.
The di@k that was banging on about it not being “home cooking” is a ■■■.

So only your opinion counts? It was just my opinion nothing else. regards the ■■■