Nights out Trafford park

toowise:

bald bloke:
I remember Trafford truck stop back in the eighties what an awfull place that was, very popular with Turkish drivers. I had one hoe banging on me cab at midnight once ffs. :confused:

If thats the one next to the ship canal, known recently as Diggles Diner thats also shut down, land has been bought by ITV to build a new studio complex and Coronation St. set.

They’ll be complaining about the noise from trucks driving past when its built no doubt.
FFS if you want quiet dont build on or near an industrial estate…common sense really

That area has become very upmarket lately, have you seen the shopping centre. It holds the Lowry Centre, the Imperial War Museum and several footballers wives boutiques. Lorries don’t really help the ambience.

The lad who had the cafe and later burger van took over the Village inn several years ago, not sure who owns it now though. It was our Northern Base when I did Manchester for DHL

By the way “them hoes”? were serious performing artists who worked in the Truckstop, they would get their ■■■■ out for the lads. That is why the Turks were parked there for weeks :laughing:

toowise:

bald bloke:
I remember Trafford truck stop back in the eighties what an awfull place that was, very popular with Turkish drivers. I had one hoe banging on me cab at midnight once ffs. :confused:

If thats the one next to the ship canal, known recently as Diggles Diner thats also shut down, land has been bought by ITV to build a new studio complex and Coronation St. set.

They’ll be complaining about the noise from trucks driving past when its built no doubt.
FFS if you want quiet dont build on or near an industrial estate…common sense really

Didnt that used to be called the 5th wheel ?

in the very late 90s the food was mainly made on site in the village.
Different menus for day and night,
day was for the offices and night for drivers with parking receipts given :smiley:
Day food was frozen Brakes stuff, night was mainly fresh cooked,
the minted lamb henrys were awesome and the chicken madras (if I remember rightly 10lb of chicken in it for about 2 days of curry) was made from scratch
and with the weekly quiz night all in all it was a hell of a place to night out.

called in a few months ago and wont be rushing back. Not sure if it was just being on the other side of the bar but used to really enjoy the place when Janice ran it (and me when she was on the sick), but it just didnt seem the same.

Suedehead:
Didnt that used to be called the 5th wheel ?

The Fifth Wheel Club was what we also knew as Bartank. Barton Tanker Service. Was near Edgar Vaughans / B&Q

Always going to be quiet around there as there is not a £20 parking charge :wink:
If your a proper trucker you will pay at least £20 for parking every night

bubsy06:
Always going to be quiet around there as there is not a £20 parking charge :wink:

WTF has a parking charge got to do with whether you are a “proper” trucker.

please explain what a proper trucker is bubsy?

could you not take a wrong turn round that area and end up in the gay village though? :blush: :smiley:

chaversdad:
could you not take a wrong turn round that area and end up in the gay village though? :blush: :smiley:

Different village chaversdad,…(or so ive been told :blush: :blush: )

toowise:

bubsy06:

WTF has a parking charge got to do with whether you are a “proper” trucker.

please explain what a proper trucker is bubsy?

Always parks in a MSA or truck park
Always tailgates
Always pulls in to early
Always weighs over 20 stone
Always chats ■■■■
Always has some sort of crap in there windscreeen i.e. indian curtains, bull fighting spears, cds :confused: :laughing:
Always pees on there wheel
Always wears there high vis in there cab
Im gonna be eating for a year :wink:

Ahh ,…that proper trucker…sorry know who you mean now. :smiley:

gazwrf:
and within 200 yards a fine establishment you can get a massage :blush:

LOL, during my days as a constable around trafford park, i used to frequent this establishment often…not in that way haha

lee mc67:

gazwrf:
and within 200 yards a fine establishment you can get a massage :blush:

LOL, during my days as a constable around trafford park, i used to frequent this establishment often…not in that way haha

Liar, liar bums on fire :blush: :blush: :wink: :laughing:

toowise:

bald bloke:

Shame about Diggles. Only stayed there once a coupla years ago and the area did seem in the process of gentrification but there was a ship unloading timber, I think, in a dock yards from the truck so the canal did have some industrial use back then but I presume it is little used nowadays.