Trafford park

What’s overnight parking like on Trafford Park?

i used to park on lankro way but don’t think you can now or by the side of the daf dealer but there’s very limited space there

I think it might be warren rd iam thinking of ,it’s quite wide near to a hire depot ,or there’s commerce way nr the waste transfer depot ,other than that I know nothing .

i have heard people say they park in the village but imm buggered f i no where that is

I used to park overnight in St Modwen Road, had an early drop there every week and never had a problem. Just don’t get there too early.

Ten minutes walk to the Trafford Centre for refreshments :smiley:

wgere you at or going fella

Deliver oil to car dealerships, got seven around the northwest over next couple of days. Just trying to forward plan a bit. got one near the footie ground likely that will be Thursday morning.

park near vw van dealers and your safe nr to the shops café pub well lit

mightyironman:
Deliver oil to car dealerships, got seven around the northwest over next couple of days. Just trying to forward plan a bit. got one near the footie ground likely that will be Thursday morning.

If Quickco is one of your drops I used to deliver to them, St Modwen Road is round the back off Barton Dock Road

Think it’s firth av or way where I used to park, it’s outside the village pub they do or did do nice dinners. Got a shower for drivers to. Cctv all round there very quiet.
Edit to say just checked its fifth av off village way, massive Adidas place on there fifth av is on the other side not far down.

bjd:
i have heard people say they park in the village but imm buggered f i no where that is

Just put “fifth ave Trafford Park” into your sat nav and you’ll be bang on.

5th ave that’s the one vw garage is on good luck mate

Yep, as others have said, around 5th Avenue (and a few streets off it) is what’s known as ‘The Village’.

If full, you can park down near DAF, I think you can park off Barton Dock Road where NorthWest Paper used to be (QuickCo still there I think?) J9 onto Parkway, exit for Barton Dock Road, turn right, under bridge, past slip back onto Parkway and take your next right, used to be parking around there.
Left onto Barton Dock road then 1st right for St Modwen I think?

So you’ve got a few choices, and there are more if you’re struggling

Cheers lads, sure I will find somewhere

bjd:
i used to park on lankro way but don’t think you can now

I can confirm that there is now no parking on Lankro Way. Concrete barriers have been installed to keep the truckers away.

rob22888:

bjd:
i used to park on lankro way but don’t think you can now

I can confirm that there is now no parking on Lankro Way. Concrete barriers have been installed to keep the truckers away.

correct :grimacing: and leave a DOOR open :sunglasses:

Found out lankro way was closed off for parking the hard way. Had a collect on harp rd then thought great park by canal. Had 20 mins drive left… to find it all blocked. Made dash out on m602. M60. To layby on a580. Just made it with 2 mins of duty left on me wtd…

Does anyone know why its blocked off■■? Apart from to stop east European motors parking up all weekend??

bertiebus:
Does anyone know why its blocked off■■? Apart from to stop east European motors parking up all weekend??

If I had to hazard a guess… crime & drivers left behinds.

Ended up parking on mercury way, towards the Trafford Centre itself, strangely quiet to be honest a bit unsure at first with the lack of wagons.

You can park on Lake Road if your stuck but it’s noisy as it leads to the Wiseman’s dairy. An alternative is to park on Mosley Road which is opposite Lake Road. I stopped there the other night, not too bad for passing traffic, I’d say I slept well enough. It’s a one way street so you have to come in from the other side.