Reed Bordall - Boroughbridge

Hi does anyone know if Reed Bordall pay well/have plenty of overtime?

I am used to round the clock start time, nights out and lots of hours.

Just had all the overtime cut in current job and can’t afford to do the job anymore.

Cheers for any info

Matt

7ph for the first 9 then 9ph after that
20.19 for night out

some weeks they will work you round the clock and others have u parked up for the night for 20hours at a time

over all they are ■■■■ to work for (i thought)

Mr B is the man to speak to. He works for them at the moment.

Don’t mind being worked round the clock, i am already, just need to take home £450+ a week, got baby on the way and not a lot of experience to be too choosy

I think you’re going to be very, very lucky to take 450+ after tax anywhere at the minute mate :frowning:

I think you’re right, i did the maths and would have to worrk an awful lot of hours, possibly not even legal

RB won’t tolerate you running bent.

When I worked for them it was a cracking job but thats some years ago now so I’m not sure what its like however I still see the same faces behind the wheel so I guess it can’t be that bad.

Fairly stress free, decent kit and with a 3 week induction course for novices, they’ll give a newbie a chance.

its easy to take home 450 + its just getting in with the companies, 600-700 a week is about my average, but tippers arent to everyones taste. :blush: good luck with the job and the new born pal.

Gates:
7ph for the first 9 then 9ph after that
20.19 for night out

some weeks they will work you round the clock and others have u parked up for the night for 20hours at a time

over all they are [zb] to work for (i thought)

and expect to be sleeping in laybyes cos they wont pay any parking

Steve, I would do anything, at the minute am travelling from Kippax (between Castleford and Leeds) to Thorne every day to do Live Haul Poultry work but hours have just dropped, if you have any leads for tipper work I’d be interested but only got 6 months class 1 experience, not missed a shift and start times round the clock, just not enough overtime left in the job I’m doing.

I overnight on farms and laybys not fussy at all

my mate works at rb, he hates it, if you are a tramper, you only get to keep a truck for a week, which is a ■■■■ idea

green456:

I always got paid for parking. There’s plenty of RB wagons to be found in MSAs…

I don’t hate it but I don’t love it either. The biggest drawback is you don’t have your own motor and if you have 1 of those weeks you can get turfed out of your motor at 4pm only to be back at 2am in another truck. On the upside the work is ■■■■ easy and most weeks it’s max hours with minimum rest.
Let me know if you have any specific questions.

Mr B:
I don’t hate it but I don’t love it either. The biggest drawback is you don’t have your own motor and if you have 1 of those weeks you can get turfed out of your motor at 4pm only to be back at 2am in another truck. On the upside the work is ■■■■ easy and most weeks it’s max hours with minimum rest.
Let me know if you have any specific questions.

As I’d had several years driving for agencies by the time I went to work for RB, it wasn’t a problem for me as its pretty much all I knew.

they dont pay parking…

any firm that cant be bothered allocating a tramper a vehicle in my book isnt worth working for.

Conor:

green456:

years ago they may have done, NOW they definatley DO NOT

grahamzx6r:
my mate works at rb, he hates it, if you are a tramper, you only get to keep a truck for a week, which is a [zb] idea

Thats only if you have a lucky week, if a tramper returns to base loaded mid aft even tho he may have 2/3 driving hours remaining but they need the unit for a night driver who can do 10 hrs driving then you lose that motor, next morn you are in a diff unit, not all of which are very clean after weeks of 2 drivers per day just for a day, no one gives a toss about the state of the cabs

green456:

Conor:

green456:

years ago they may have done, NOW they definatley DO NOT

So you’re telling me that all the drivers of those wagons that park up for the night at Ferrybridge are paying out of their own pockets? I think I’ll ask my tramper mate next time I see him.

They don’t pay parking charges unless exceptional circumstances but to be honest that’s not uncommon nowadays. As for getting turfed out of the truck mid afternoon it does happen but not often enough to be a real problem.
Until the high staff turn over becomes a problem things won’t change but it’s a decent, busy, safe job you pays your money and make your choices.