Reed Boardall

Hi guys, im new here on forum also in uk, Im based in Ripon and I search for a job like HGV driver in this area. A collegue of my wife told me about Reed Boardall, I call them and tomorrow I will go in Boroughbrige. I search here on forum some words about them but is very old 3 years ago. Somebody knows actual things about them?
Thanks

P.S: I hope to be posted ok this topic here, if not, please an admin to move.

I’ve not driven for them for some time but I don’t think the job will have changed much. The pay is not the best but the job is easy, the trucks are quite new and well maintained.

about pay do you know something?

Hi when I went for my induction at RB the pay was £8.50 P/H but I have heard that it has gone up to over £10 p/h.

It is a full day induction about the company and how to do things their way
You pay for damages you do to the truck a £1000 I think which they will deduct from your wages
They have a big fleet nearly all of it fridge
The drivers were not happy when I was there but that was about pay rates so might have improved
You get uniform after a 3 weeks but straight away you get boots, torch, admin pack, hi viz etc.

I did the day and then at the end of it he said right can you be in here at 3am to go out with a driver to learn the ropes and I said “no”
:smiley:

hmm…no sound so good part with pay if you hit the truck…this practice is usually in East o Europe…until now I don’t hit anything but I cant be sure because now will be more harder for me to drive on right hand…im not happy with that…
thanks alder and conor for answers

Well the drivers there are not happy either. I was not happy that the “Instructor” gave us an example of a guy who ripped the scussie leads when he dropped the trailer. Most drivers have done that when tired or pushed hard! Anyway they deducted £10 per week from his pay until he paid a £1000 back to the company. What I did not like was the fact that the instructor mentioned the guy by name which I thought was very unprofessional! That was one of the reasons why I never went back as well as been told to be back at 3am at 17:30 after a days induction!

whatever…I will go tomorrow to see what they told me…I don’t want to work with agency…I think is hard to go from place to place any day :slight_smile:

thanks again for reply :wink:

Ady Trucker Boy:
whatever…I will go tomorrow to see what they told me…I don’t want to work with agency…I think is hard to go from place to place any day :slight_smile:

thanks again for reply :wink:

No problem and good luck tomorrow. If things have changed do come back and correct my information for anyone else reading this thread and thinking of going there for a job :wink: :smiley:

Tipped and reloaded in there earlier today. This sign is up when you enter main gate.

thanks mbax :wink:

Any hourly paid employee whos prepared to self insure a third parties property must need to see a shrink IMHO :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :astonished:

alder:
told to be back at 3am at 17:30 after a days induction!

So you quit after one day because you was told to reduce :unamused: perhaps it was just a one off thing to fit in with the driver they wanted to send you out with, some people… :unamused:

I speak to there guys when there up at inverness.They say there taken home £650-£700pw with there nites out thats average pay i would say hope it helps you.

Thanks all guys…good info…i will be back tommorow with exactly info :wink:

Is Johnny Morris (ex Langdons o/d) still there?

Steve

They make tramping, trunking or distribution? Knows anybody? for begin I would prefer to not make multi-drop…

Ady Trucker Boy:
They make tramping, trunking or distribution? Knows anybody? for begin I would prefer to not make multi-drop…

Lots of double decker work too. They come in our place usually drop trailer off have a daily rest then come back to collect loaded trailer, all nice kit and they seem to get everywhere and they only have the one depot I believe.

are they still paying trampers £1 per hour less than day men?

Hi guys I just came from Boroughbridge…wage day/night 10p/h…trampers 9p/h…all you broke at truck from your fault you pay from week wage 10-20p/w…
I made a teoritecal test from driver hours & work hours, some mechanical stuff…I drive with a instructor 1 hour…i drive well but at reverse drive between 2 trailers I don’t drive so well because I was nervous, is first time when I drive a truck with right hand and I don’t handle so good :frowning:…now I wait a phone confirmation…if I am accepted I must to go 2 days with another driver to see what about is job…delivery lidl, netto, Tesco, Sainsbury…I hope I don’t forget anything.

Ady Trucker Boy:
Hi guys I just came from Boroughbridge…wage day/night 10p/h…trampers 9p/h…all you broke at truck from your fault you pay from week wage 10-20p/w…
I made a teoritecal test from driver hours & work hours, some mechanical stuff…I drive with a instructor 1 hour…i drive well but at reverse drive between 2 trailers I don’t drive so well because I was nervous, is first time when I drive a truck with right hand and I don’t handle so good :frowning:…now I wait a phone confirmation…if I am accepted I must to go 2 days with another driver to see what about is job…delivery lidl, netto, Tesco, Sainsbury…I hope I don’t forget anything.

All you can do it try your best thats it hope you get the phone call.