Reed Boardall

bald bloke:

alder:
told to be back at 3am at 17:30 after a days induction!

So you quit after one day because you was told to reduce :unamused: perhaps it was just a one off thing to fit in with the driver they wanted to send you out with, some peopleā€¦ :unamused:

Yeah want to make anything of it? Keep that big nose out my friend.

Why do people work for such ā– ā– ā– ā–  pay?

Ā£9 per hour for 60 hours a week = Ā£540 before tax

Ā£426.57 take homeā€¦

No wonder some drivers donā€™t believe a grand a week is doable when they are happy to work for pennies!

Colin_scottish:

Ady Trucker Boy:
Hi guys I just came from Boroughbridgeā€¦wage day/night 10p/hā€¦trampers 9p/hā€¦all you broke at truck from your fault you pay from week wage 10-20p/wā€¦
I made a teoritecal test from driver hours & work hours, some mechanical stuffā€¦I drive with a instructor 1 hourā€¦i drive well but at reverse drive between 2 trailers I donā€™t drive so well because I was nervous, is first time when I drive a truck with right hand and I donā€™t handle so good :frowning:ā€¦now I wait a phone confirmationā€¦if I am accepted I must to go 2 days with another driver to see what about is jobā€¦delivery lidl, netto, Tesco, Sainsburyā€¦I hope I donā€™t forget anything.

All you can do it try your best thats it hope you get the phone call.

Thanks mate.

@trubsterā€¦I donā€™t go tramperā€¦only night shiftā€¦for me 10p/h is good to begin to work here in uk and to learn drive truck with right handā€¦in Romania I have 1600Euro/month made tramping-3months out/1 month home- all Europe+UKā€¦probably this is the cause that we(the east European) accepted little wagesā€¦because anyway is more than we take in our contryā€¦and here day by day we are homeā€¦not on the road to keep safe truck and dieselā€¦

trubster:
Why do people work for such [zb] pay?

Ā£9 per hour for 60 hours a week = Ā£540 before tax

Ā£426.57 take homeā€¦

No wonder some drivers donā€™t believe a grand a week is doable when they are happy to work for pennies!

Why does it always come down to wages on here.Wages are diffrent were you live/work in the country.Trubster were do you live and your hourly rate.Someone in london may get 5ph more than someone in glasgow

Iā€™m not sure which boxes my head more; the fact that they pay trampers less than day men, or the fact that the trampers put up with this rather than voting with their feet!

alder:

bald bloke:

alder:

So you quit after one day because you was told to reduce :unamused: perhaps it was just a one off thing to fit in with the driver they wanted to send you out with, some peopleā€¦ :unamused:

Now now old chap :unamused: :smiley:

bald bloke:

alder:

bald bloke:

alder:

Now now old chap :unamused: :smiley:

Thats why alders stuck on agency work and cant get full time work,crap attitude :unamused:

@Alders, if they wanted you to do a reduced rest why didnā€™t you just stop in the depot and sleep in one of the spare trucks? Iā€™m sure they would have at least one standing for 9hrs.

Regards
Dave Penn;

They call me right now and i will received a chance to work for they. I will learn to drive more good with right-hand, i hope to be o good opportunity for me.

Thanks all for info and advice.

Good luck Adey. And well done mate

seth 70:
Thats why alders stuck on agency work and cant get full time work,crap attitude :unamused:

Get that touchpaper lit, Seth lad.

Olog Hai:

seth 70:

Get that touchpaper lit, Seth lad.

Good hey :wink: :laughing:

Ady Trucker Boy:
They call me right now and i will received a chance to work for they. I will learn to drive more good with right-hand, i hope to be o good opportunity for me.

Thanks all for info and advice.

Practice, practice, practice!

davepenn54:
@Alders, if they wanted you to do a reduced rest why didnā€™t you just stop in the depot and sleep in one of the spare trucks? Iā€™m sure they would have at least one standing for 9hrs.

Regards
Dave Penn;

A/ Because I am not a ******* tramp, well yet anyway
B/ I did not want to work for Ā£8 per hour and I did not like the policy of charging drivers for any damage to the truck
C/ The hours were not what I was told on the phone
D/ I spoke to 3 drivers in the yard and they all looked stressed as hell, one was happy though as he was working his last week to go to another job.

All that kind of puts you off when you have to drive a long way to work in the first place.

Great news Adey. Donā€™t rush, take your time and it will all be OK.

I drive for reeds, keep your head down and youā€™ll be okay. Easy work with decent tackle. Donā€™t even begin to try and work out how things work in the planning office because I donā€™t think they even know!!

Thanks guys for all advices :wink:

@alders
ā€œI did the day and then at the end of it he said right can you be in here at 3am to go out with a driver to learn the ropes and I said ā€œnoā€ Why didnā€™t you say 5am earliest? (11hr rest) When you said no what happened ?
:smiley:ā€

A/ Because I am not a ******* tramp, well not yet anyway (FTFY)
B/ I did not want to work for Ā£8 per hour and I did not like the policy of charging drivers for any damage to the truck
C/ The hours were not what I was told on the phone
D/ I spoke to 3 drivers in the yard and they all looked stressed as hell, one was happy though as he was working his last week to go to another job.

All that kind of puts you off when you have to drive a long way to work in the first place.
[/quote]
Iā€™m puzzled you were not told to have a reduced rest period, you were asked can you be back here at 3am? You could have just said no! (See above in red) that was the reason for my post about stopping in the depot, most times it is the only viable option if you have a lengthy commute, doesnā€™t make you a ******* tramp!
So in your opinion driverā€™s who sleep in the cab are ******* trampā€™s ?
Did you get paid for the dayā€™s induction ?
What did the driverā€™s who ā€˜looked stressed as hellā€™ actually tell you about the job and what made you believe them?

@ ady trucker boy, well done in getting a start with RB and as otherā€™s have said donā€™t rush thingā€™s and you will be sorted, good luck mate.

Regards
Dave Penn;

Rb is a marmite place of work like most places. Youā€™ll either love it or hate it. Theres drivers who dont last through the induction and theres those whoā€™ve been there 20 something year.

I worked in the office a better part of 18 months but the constant back stabbing and ā– ā– ā– ā–  that was left over from yhe day shift proved too much hence why i came driving as soon as i passed my test.

Decent money to be made, and if you donā€™t ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  about the job and get on with it theres some decent money to be made.

Cheers

Jonny :sunglasses:

Thanks Dave
Thanks Jonny