Reed Boardall

davepenn54:
@alders
“I did the day and then at the end of it he said right can you be in here at 3am to go out with a driver to learn the ropes and I said “no” Why didn’t you say 5am earliest? (11hr rest) When you said no what happened ?
:smiley:

A/ Because I am not a ******* tramp, well not yet anyway (FTFY)
B/ I did not want to work for £8 per hour and I did not like the policy of charging drivers for any damage to the truck
C/ The hours were not what I was told on the phone
D/ I spoke to 3 drivers in the yard and they all looked stressed as hell, one was happy though as he was working his last week to go to another job.

All that kind of puts you off when you have to drive a long way to work in the first place.

I’m puzzled you were not told to have a reduced rest period, you were asked can you be back here at 3am? You could have just said no! (See above in red) that was the reason for my post about stopping in the depot, most times it is the only viable option if you have a lengthy commute, doesn’t make you a ******* tramp!
So in your opinion driver’s who sleep in the cab are ******* tramp’s ?
Did you get paid for the day’s induction ?
What did the driver’s who ‘looked stressed as hell’ actually tell you about the job and what made you believe them?

@ ady trucker boy, well done in getting a start with RB and as other’s have said don’t rush thing’s and you will be sorted, good luck mate.

Regards
Dave Penn;
[/quote]
I did not want the job after the induction so did not bother arguing about coming back in at 3am and it was not up for debate. It was if you want this job you have to be here at 3am to go out with a driver. Rest periods don’t come into it as I did no driving on the induction day and IF I had come back at 3am I would of been observing how the job is done. Trouble with you and a lot of drivers on this forum is you jump to so many conclusions way off the mark, why would I need a rest period?

No I did not get paid but I come to expect this in this industry which is unregulated for drivers who are not even regarded as human by some firms. :unamused:

Funny how the guy with the right attitude gets the call back, whereas the other carries on being a keyboard warrior spouting ■■■■.

Good luck Ady.

del trotter:
Funny how the guy with the right attitude gets the call back, whereas the other carries on being a keyboard warrior spouting [zb].

Good luck Ady.

Thanks mate :wink:

Yeah well done Ady hope you like it there. I think they have increased the wages etc. since I went because too many drivers were walking. Despite what these knobheads say I was right to turn it down at the time and others were walking out. You have obviously been satisfied with what they have offered you so that’s fine. At least you got decent kit to drive :smiley: :smiley:

@alder

In my opinion for me is a good start point because im new in UK…the wage is good for my needs, and most important for me i have chance to learning and get used right hand driving…they have trusted me…i hope to be allright for begin…

Thanks all for encouragements.

No problem Ady and I hope everything works out for you. In my case I don’t need the experience and the job was too far for me to travel for the low wage. Glad you got started and take it easy don’t rush. :wink:

Best open a building society savings account for the self insuring.why anyone would accept this is beyond my thinking.being new to RHD just scraping the fuel island with the NS steps will wipe out a weeks wages.it must be the allure of shiny volvos and scanias that attract the hard of thinking to accept these terms and conditions…proper T&Cs and wages would attract the right kind of professional employees that would not be wrecking anything that moves

I reckon that if someone told them they were refusing to pay it and took it to county court it would get thrown out as an unfair term of contract and therefore unenforceable.

They rely on drivers not standing up for themselves. As for wages, europleb, they’re quite good for the area. There’s not exactly a lot of business or hauliers around Boroughbridge. Its not like other places filled with distribution centres.

I reckon your bang on,unenforceable, i really wish the guy luck with this and hope it works for him.by his own statement hes done very little RHD and the revers didn’t go to well i would have thought that’s enough to fail an assessment and then to be offered the job seems to make a mockery of the whole process. But once again l hope it works out for him personally

Ste46:
Is Johnny Morris (ex Langdons o/d) still there?

Steve

I would have thought presenting animal magic paid better than lorry driving. :wink:

How’s it going at Reeds?

After 3 weeks everything is ok…easy works, no rush, 2 nights out, good trucks and wages 550-650p/w after tax…rhd is now more good and reverse is good…i feel like i drive here from a few years :slight_smile: now its easy

Cheers

Sounds like you’ve found your feet. The young lass on desk 6 always makes those early starts a little bit more bearable!

Mate i repeat…for my first job here in uk is very ok…easy work, close of my home(10min to drive), acceptable wages…i dont like nights shift :frowning: this is the minus :slight_smile:…i hope to be ok in future…