Scania seat problem

Hi all
I have been driving a 59 reg Scania R440 for the last two days and now my lower back hurts like hell
Has anyone else had this problem?

when i drive a scania r series my head hurts like hell cos the only thing that stops them being the worse truck on the road is a stralis. :open_mouth:

jessicas dad:
when i drive a scania r series my head hurts like hell cos the only thing that stops them being the worse truck on the road is a stralis. :open_mouth:

Your very right there JD load of rubbish.

ryly1979:
Hi all
I have been driving a 59 reg Scania R440 for the last two days and now my lower back hurts like hell

I drive Scanias everyday of the week ranging from W reg to 2010 plate and my back is fine

jessicas dad:

Shame on you JD …take that comment back or i will peronally insult you and risk a forum ban :smiley:

Must be me then not used to a bit of hard work…lol

rockape2620:

jessicas dad:

Shame on you JD …take that comment back or i will peronally insult you and risk a forum ban :smiley:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

sorry but dreadful vehicles. :grimacing:

rockape2620:

ryly1979:
Hi all

I drive Scanias everyday of the week ranging from W reg to 2010 plate and my back is fine

Are you errrr a short arse? Reason I ask is I stand 6ft tall and if I get sent out in our Swedish heap 2 hours later im flagging down ambulances for pain killers. Same goes for 2 other lads of simular height but regular driver whos 5,8 doesnt have a problem.
I can get more comfy in my crapego!

jessicas dad:

not that often you drive is it :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: and ur head hurts then as well :grimacing: :grimacing: get a GRIP MAN!!! NUFF SAID :wink:

Imp:

rockape2620:

ryly1979:
Hi all

Are you errrr a short arse? Reason I ask is I stand 6ft tall and if I get sent out in our Swedish heap 2 hours later im flagging down ambulances for pain killers. Same goes for 2 other lads of simular height but regular driver whos 5,8 doesnt have a problem.

Well im 5’ 10" not really a short arse just made of stern stuff i guess :slight_smile:

Long Live Scanny :imp:

Unfortunately I drive a Scania for a living, seat wise I find it fine but im only 5/8, my mate is 6/4 and reckons its the most uncomfortable thing hes ever driven. Maybe its a height thing?

I am only 5/8 never had a problem in our old R series but this one has left me in agony,the only thing that is taking the pain away is Stella Artois

I used to drive a brand new R series 480 and I reckon the seating/driving position is far better than the one in the XF105 I’ve got now. Some days I just can’t seem to get comfortable :frowning:
For a brand new wagon the XF seems to have a lot of rattles and squeaks as well…and the most annoying wind whistle I’ve ever heard. It’s driving me mad :angry: :angry: :angry:

i do belive they never changed the seat position from left to right hand drive. you sit a little offset from true to the pedals. :neutral_face:
thats what i was told by a rep for a LARGE dealer somewhere in the midlands. :wink: allegedly

gezt:
i do belive they never changed the seat position from left to right hand drive. you sit a little offset from true to the pedals. :neutral_face:
thats what i was told by a rep for a LARGE dealer somewhere in the midlands. :wink: allegedly

Ive heard this before !!

like i say ive never had a problem but seems lots do

i can never get properly comfy in a scania. i always seem to struggle to adjust the seat properly and the steering wheel seems to be too high and at the wrong angle! even after adjusting them! :open_mouth: my daf cf is much more comfortable, but i have to agree about the wind noise and rattles and squeaks! :blush:

on the scania you sit at an angle to the steering wheel (closer to the door) the reason for this is that the turbo housing gets in the way so the seat is set a bit right of centre , left hand drives are ok it only affects the right hand driv market , it was on about in in the trucking magazine i buy a while ago actually. it only affects some people and not others .

I’m 6’ 6", drive a Scania 420 regularly and find the seats and seating position really comfortable. But you do need to spend some time setting it up properly!

Have you played around those two/three small rocker switches right at the back that adjust the lumbar support, etc? That may be your problem!

Imp:

rockape2620:

ryly1979:
Hi all

change ye truck or job …or shrink

Problem solved

jessicas dad:

i agree with you there, i got the joys of a scanny r420 for a week, i could never sit in it properly i was more comfortable leaning forward in the seat.

never a problem with dafs takes about 2 seconds to get it where i want it and im fine though in the lf its a bit touch and go some days for space. in a cf and xf im fine