BUM ACHE

HAD THE LOT THIS 2 WEEKS . BRAND NEW SCANIA/DAF/VOLVO/RENAULT/MAN/…
ALL I WOULD TO KNOW IS WHERE THE HELL DO SCANIA GET THERE SEATS FROM.■■?
LIKE SITTING ON A BLOODY MILK CRATE… CRAP…

Had the lot this 2 weeks . Brand new scania/daf/volvo/renault/man/…
All i would to know is where the hell do scania get there seats from.■■?
Like sitting on a bloody milk crate… Crap…

I fixed your capslock for you. dd. :wink:

Tbh every truck I get it leaves me crippled at the bottom of my back too of my star. Can’t decab half the time because of the pain.

coreysboys:
Tbh every truck I get it leaves me crippled at the bottom of my back too of my star. Can’t decab half the time because of the pain.

Yup I get same problem. None of em give enough support and too hard.

I had a special lumbar support pillow that the chiropractor gave me, a hard cushion with the shape of a lower back for when i had my old Scania 142.
The original seat was so bad, i had the inners replaced at an upholstery maker, and it still hurt my back and bottom.

i had that problem a few weeks ago. i had an axor and had to stop to get the feeling back in my legs and feet. the next day i asked for a different axor and i could hardly walk when i got out. cant win :frowning:

I have only driven DAF’s and a Scania I trained in and out of the 2, Scania was by far the worst! Make my legs ache after about an hour no matter what position it was in, the DAF’s I have been in even with a broken air seat was more comfortable and I was in it for longer journeys 14 hr days.

Eeh, when I were a lad we only had an orange box to sit on thou knows, :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Seriously in the last few years I’ve had Scania’s, Man’s, Volvo’s and currently Daf after 3-4hrs bumache in all of them but I put it down to my rear end going saggy after all the miles, maybe they are all guilty of cutting down on seat foam.

The OP has made my day, I thought it was only merc’s that had hard seats and i was always driving round in envy of all the other new motors about that must have better seats! :smiley:
Mine reminds me of a tractor seat i used to have back in about 1982, only differance being the air. Come to think of it, even ■■■■■■ tractors have arm rests these days, absolute ■■■■ :angry:

scanny77:
i had that problem a few weeks ago. i had an axor and had to stop to get the feeling back in my legs and feet. the next day i asked for a different axor and i could hardly walk when i got out. cant win :frowning:

Yep, sounds exactly like an Axor. Junk.

You ought to try an Iveco eurocargo day cab, no bouncy seat, numb bum after 1/2 hour. My FH is miles better, but still get numb bum & legs if slouched in the seat when waiting. For long journeys I change the seat height a couple of times and/or ‘run on the spot’ to keep the circulation going. Thinking of getting a beaded cover, are they still available?

The most comfortable seat I’ve sat in is an Actros. We are all different shapes and sizes so I think a lot of it comes down to how it’s adjust to fit your build and driving position.
My leather seat I have now is just fine though :slight_smile:

I did wonder if it was down to the fact that all the units we get are usually fleet spec and have a cheaper seat fitted ? but some runs are 700 kms a day so a comfortable seat is not much to ask for is it.

That has to be the biggest let down of the Swedish Bedford, park bench.

One of the most important things is to have your seat set right.
I used to have my seat up quite high, but now I have it lower so both my feet can sit flat on the cab floor, the causes less stress on the legs.
Works for me.

rambo19:
One of the most important things is to have your seat set right.
I used to have my seat up quite high, but now I have it lower so both my feet can sit flat on the cab floor, the causes less stress on the legs.
Works for me.

There’s a Youtube vid showing you how to get the best seating position, someone posted a link to it here about a year ago.
From what my chiro and that vid said, as close to the wheel as possible, have the wheel in more of a car position and less like an Atkinson,seat back at around 110° and as Rambo said feet on the floor not on tiptoes. The downside to this is if driving a Daf CF or Foden Alpha, the sun will blind you as it passes under the sunvisors.
I used to love the old Bostron seats that Fodens had late 80s early 90s. Brilliant, but creaky.