Scania seat problem

ryly1979:
Hi all
I have been driving a 59 reg Scania R440 for the last two days and now my lower back hurts like hell
Has anyone else had this problem?

scania seats are crap through the range, in fact they are the worst truck in the world for driver comfort and that includes the bed…err slate bed. i drive them all…give me a daf anyday, please.

ryly1979:
Hi all
I have been driving a 59 reg Scania R440 for the last two days and now my lower back hurts like hell

haven’t had a problem with any of our R series, 56 reg to 59 reg but this is my second day in a G cab and my lower back hurts like hell. What a bargain basement cab.

globby 480:

jessicas dad:
when i drive a scania r series my head hurts like hell cos the only thing that stops them being the worse truck on the road is a stralis. :open_mouth:

not that often you drive is it :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: and ur head hurts then as well :grimacing: :grimacing: get a GRIP MAN!!! NUFF SAID :wink:

head is sorted now. ive had plenty of help now just need a saddle to fill. :wink:

Even if the R series scania had a park bench for a seat i wouldnt want to drive anything else. i’m 6 ft 2 and i think its a great driving position, plenty of room to scratch your nads, get seat tilted back, shoes off, kick back and relax. :wink:

ryly1979:
Hi all

I had the same problem drove a scania for years thought i had back problems now i have a volvo and my back is fine so you know what to do :unamused:

woody2808:
I used to drive a brand new R series 480 and I reckon the seating/driving position is far better than the one in the XF105 I’ve got now. Some days I just can’t seem to get comfortable :frowning:
For a brand new wagon the XF seems to have a lot of rattles and squeaks as well…and the most annoying wind whistle I’ve ever heard. It’s driving me mad :angry: :angry: :angry:

I agree, the build quality on Daf’s is pretty poor, cab interior is low rent, particularly the doors and panels, not much better than the Stralis. Don’t get me started on rust spotted, white painted front bumpers on Daf’s either. Year old, rusty bumper, cheers.

I drive a 56 plate Scania and have never had a problem with the seats, I sit without air in it as well as I like to be low down. They are the leather ones so I don’t know if these are better than the standard seats, they’re called “luxury” anyway, not sure i’d go that far. Say what you like about Scania’s, but they do bolt them together well.

my back is broke after driving scania’s , just carnt get the seat in the right position, but on a plus the steering wheel adjustment is good, especially when it folds out the way when your trying to get out the seat. the people at scania should go and sit in a volvo get some tips on comfort :laughing:

After 12 months in a 4 series I could hardly walk, thought it was me, but after packing the job in all came good.

Noticed that many scania drivers walk with a limp due to the offset of the steering wheel :open_mouth:

Been in a Premium for the last 3 years, never an ache or pain and sleep like a baby :stuck_out_tongue:

I’m about 5’ 8, and its upper back between my shoulders that did me. I tried every possible adjustment scenario, to no avail.

Give me an XF/CF/Actros any day over a Scania. After years of aspiring to drive a big scanny, I wasn’t left impressed, and I fail to see what all the fuss is about. …Nice to look at though

Monday I drove a 52 plate P cab (I think their called) and didnt have any back problems, nor did I have any problems when I drove a P cab R series one yesterday… :confused:
The only problem I did have was being seen driving a Scania :laughing: :laughing:

DAF95XF:
Monday I drove a 52 plate P cab (I think their called) and didnt have any back problems, nor did I have any problems when I drove a P cab R series one yesterday… :confused:
The only problem I did have was being seen driving a Scania :laughing: :laughing:

the p cabs even worse than the r series

anything after the 3 series is just crap.

gogzy:

DAF95XF:

gordon bennett is gogzy sobber :grimacing: :grimacing: that is the most sensible thing he has said in weeks no,no i mean months in fact :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

gogzy:

You know what I meant though, it wasnt a 4 series but a facelifted one, whatever you call them :confused:

only problem i got with seat in a scania is i dont want to get out of it! way hey

globby 480:

gogzy:

DAF95XF:

gordon bennett is gogzy sobber :grimacing: :grimacing: that is the most sensible thing he has said in weeks no,no i mean months in fact :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

i think you mean in the 24 years and 3 months ive been on this planet?

jonnyenglishpants:

ryly1979:
Hi all

scania seats are crap through the range, in fact they are the worst truck in the world for driver comfort and that includes the bed…err slate bed. i drive them all…give me a daf anyday, please.

im not being funny, but there is no arm rests the seats are not wide enough, in my opinon the driver has come second to engine management, ( nice dials) sorry about the back ache.

Arm rests are optional extra from factory on auto’s. :wink:

TONY530I:
Arm rests are optional extra from factory on auto’s. :wink:

they should be standard on all autos otherwise you just end up having a gimp arm and nothing to rest it on

I’d heard similar complaints about 10 years ago when the 4 series was new. A lot of drivers were complaining of back pains back then as well. I’m sure there was a theory that the trucks were initially designed and developed for the left hand drive market. This resulted in the pedals being slightly off-set on RHD models leaving your back at a slight angle.

It might be a load of rubbish, I don’t know ?

I’d driven quite a few 2, 3 & 4 Series over the years from the horrible ‘P day cab’ to the 164 and being honest never had much of a problem myself.

DAF95XF:

no, it could have been a lot worse you could have been driving a dodge…and that’s another story. :confused: