Scania 440 auto,twin steer

No good truck,years ago they were sued for lower back complaints,i was in one these and cornering you could feel the lower back go one way and the top half of my body go the other way.
I felt like a pair of scissors,and the muscles would tense up,i pressed the buttons to push out the seat adjustments,the best ride was an Iveco Stralis with the “Rally” seats,kidney squashers.
The exhaust brake in the middle of the floor,how the hell could you twist your foot all day on mountain work in Europe.
Good interior,thats one thing,and good steering wheel postioning to get comfortable.

Random thread, baby! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

What, don’t you dare start with Scania, my pride & joy, go to Volvo or merc, they are the rubbish ones, not scania… :smiley:

That old chesnut again. Not much of that post makes any sense.

Cue the pointless Scania bashing.

Maybe it was just the truck i was in,or is it common for back problems with all of them.

I will ratchet strap my top half of my body next time i get in it.

If your lower body goes one way and your top the other then it sounds like the seat has snapped in the middle. It was the p cabs in the nineties that had the problems. But Scania have been plagued by this myth ever since.

I used to get a sore back driving CF’s whilst other drivers didn’t, and my back was fine in Scania’s while other drivers weren’t. I think it all depends on your shape and how you fit into the seats of trucks. Everyone is different.

i think that is the case,body frame and sizes.

Going back a bit now to an owner driver doing Gib all the time with a DAF Super space cab,he had a constant draught in the cab,caused ill health,spent a fortune on trying to rectifying the so called hole in the cab,i went legal in the end.

toby1234abc:
Going back a bit now to an owner driver doing Gib all the time with a DAF Super space cab,he had a constant draught in the cab,caused ill health,spent a fortune on trying to rectify the (arse) hole in the cab,i went legal in the end.

Fixed that for you :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

switchlogic:
But Scania have been plagued by this myth ever since.

It is a myth - Ive driven a few 09 plate R series, and yes the seats arent that comfy, I certainly never had back pain in them…
Same as the 4 series P cab daycab, not comfy but no back pain :confused:

The owner driver on Gib said to me if gave him £60,ooo to buy the unit and trailer and the contract with Pegasus in Gib.

toby1234abc:
The owner driver on Gib said to me if gave him £60,ooo to buy the unit and trailer and the contract with Pegasus in Gib.

Have you been smoking crack ya rocket ?

The older Scanias had a reputation (deserved) for being a bit hard on the back, but these were the ones with parabolic springs or the steel/hydraulic rear lift, so unless you’re talking about an 80/110/140/81/111/141/92/112/142 or early 3 series you are talking out of your arse again Tobes :unamused:

The Scania model that got them taken to court was the P cab 2/3 series models and it had SFA to do with the seat, it was because the engine hump meant that you had to sit twisted as there was no room for your left foot beside the clutch pedal. This court case came from a complaint by a few supermarket drivers and in my opinion was probably more to do with them being a bunch of workshy militant tossers than anything else :wink:

newmercman:
The Scania model that got them taken to court was the P cab 2/3 series models and it had SFA to do with the seat, it was because the engine hump meant that you had to sit twisted as there was no room for your left foot beside the clutch pedal. This court case came from a complaint by a few supermarket drivers and in my opinion was probably more to do with them being a bunch of workshy militant tossers than anything else :wink:

Can’t beat straight talk…lol

newmercman:
you are talking out of your arse again Tobes :unamused:

Or into a cats arse as is his want sometimes

Im surprised nobody has mentioned the word Scumia yet :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: . i had a brand new 143, no problem, ive also had 2 or 3 144’s, and i think they were the most comfortable lorry seat ive sat in, no aches or pains, like sitting in an armchair. mind you they were all left hookers.

I’ve had two R500’s and an R440 and all without a doubt are the most comfortable lorries I’ve driven.

You heard about the 141 and the mighty 142… :smiley:

Well it is Saturday night :laughing: :laughing: