Was it a special

saw a silver v8 580 scania today, nothing unusual about that other than the cab was what looked twice the length, huge great big thing with the chassis looking really long as well, had a big grifin on the side with i think THE BEST SCANIA[or something like that].
is it a special hes built himself, is it a special scania build, how does he go on with length , trailer looked normal size, or is it not as long as it looked. ta

I saw the said truck at trowell services at dinner time today and spoke to the driver who grunted and walked away, it had a masive cab with what looked like enough room for a party in the back, it was all blinged up full leather ect, shame about the driver though!

dkdavid1102:
I saw the said truck at trowell services at dinner time today and spoke to the driver who grunted and walked away, it had a masive cab with what looked like enough room for a party in the back, it was all blinged up full leather ect, shame about the driver though!

was going to ask him about it too, but was pushed for time so didnt, glad i didnt now, normally folks whove got kit like that love a chinwag

sounds like a longline but im sure some one will be along shortly to confirm or deny this

it is a Scania Longline, built on a T Cab chassis, Scania made a few of them, but have since ceased production because of the EU laws on overall length.

Legally, he cannot pull a 45’ trailer, will be overlength.

the one you have seen, i believe, is being run by Moody International, they also sell trucks too, mainly Scanias, they have one for sale at the moment

would this be the one you saw?

moodyinternational.co.uk/gal … dex/osp/12

second from left on top row

Seen in France about a month ago

bedgar047:

to be honest it looks ugly
better to have the volvo or some other cab
bags of interior room tho,about time to :smiley:

Spotted same truck today 3 30pm going over the “Ski Jump” at Goole heading towards Hull. Personally, i think it looks ugly … trying to look like an American sleeper :question: I’m sure it had a 45’ fridge on !

The company must think they’re above the law. Hope they get [ZB]'d

bedgar047:

yep thats the one, dont think pictures really show how big it looks in real life

It (or it’s twin, not very likely) was on the M25 this morning by J28 Anticlockwise.

theres only 3 of them in the uk, that silver one, the blackand gold one moodys are selling and another one.

nice Cab

doubt very much if that fridge has been shortened to comply with length laws.

also it looks like the cab is leaning back, maybe too much weight for the cab suspension to cope with ?

looks crap with the missing battery cover steps dont know y scania stop fitting them to some motors

What fine would wheel tappers issue or what action would be then a truck was pulled and total lenght was to long :question: :question:

either that truck is parked on the ■■■■ or that unit appears to be bowing in the middle :question: :confused: :confused:

Isn’t that Big Blue thing Shuttlespanker has some sort of equivalent to that?

i imagine its cracking inside but it does look way over length and i cant imagine the driver thinking he can get away with it.

shuttles is a lot smaller than that.

jessicas dad:

with a couple of beers in me i’m tempted to crack a joke here - but i wont :wink: :blush: :blush: :unamused: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

pecjam23:

jessicas dad:

with a couple of beers in me i’m tempted to crack a joke here - but i wont :wink: :blush: :blush: :unamused: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

i know… im waiting for shuttle to come back with " not your wife said last night ". :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: